𝟧𝟤| 𝟧 𝓂𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒽𝓈

Leah's Pov 

The morning sun cast a golden hue over the bustling café where Luke and I sat, enjoying a leisurely brunch. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air, mingling with the soft hum of conversation around us. With every sip of my latte, I felt a sense of contentment settle over me, basking in the warmth of Luke's company and the quiet anticipation of the day ahead.

Luke's voice broke through my reverie, his question pulling me back to the present. "Have you thought about what we should have for tea tonight?"

I chuckled softly, my hand instinctively resting on my burgeoning baby bump. "Maybe something simple, like spaghetti bolognese? It's comforting and easy to prepare."

Luke nodded in agreement, his eyes sparkling with affection. "Sounds perfect to me."

As we finished our brunch, Luke glanced at his watch, a subtle reminder of our upcoming appointment at the hospital for our scan. With a gentle touch, he guided me out of the café, his presence a steady anchor amidst the whirlwind of emotions swirling within me.

At the hospital, we were greeted by Dr. Natasha Smith, our trusted OBGYN, whose reassuring smile instantly put me at ease. With a soft voice, she instructed me to settle onto the bed, her comforting presence a welcome reassurance in the sterile room.

I held my breath as Dr. Smith applied the cool gel to my skin, the sensation sending a shiver down my spine. With bated breath, I watched as she manoeuvred the wand, each movement a delicate exploration of the life growing within me.

"Baby's got a good, strong heartbeat," Dr. Smith announced, her words a soothing balm to my anxious heart.

And then came the moment we had been waiting for, the culmination of months filled with anticipation and wonder. As Dr. Smith revealed the gender, my heart swelled with emotion, tears of joy threatening to spill from my eyes.

"It's a boy," Dr. Smith declared, her words igniting a rush of overwhelming love between Luke and me. We shared a tender embrace, our hearts overflowing with gratitude for this precious gift.

With the scan complete and a stack of images in hand, we bid farewell to Dr. Smith, her parting words a promise of continued care and support.

As we stepped outside into the warm embrace of the sunlight, Luke's hand found its place on my stomach, his touch a silent vow of love and devotion to our growing family.

The journey home was filled with anticipation, our hearts brimming with excitement for the celebration that awaited us.