The Terrible Twos

(We open with hiccup and the gang on their dragons as they practice)

Hiccup: Follow me! Low-level evasive maneuvers! Come on, girl!

Hiccup (v.o.): When you're riding a dragon, communication is key. You almost have to read each other's minds. Or else.

Snotlout: (Hookfang intentionally flies through a bunch of tree branches) Hey! What are you doing?! Are you trying to kill me?! We gotta go back! I think you missed a branch! (He goes through a lot more till he get out and has branches in his nose) Got it!

Hiccup (v.o.): And you have to have an open mind, because sometimes, your dragon knows better than you.

Astrid: Stormfly, up! (Stormfly disobeys Astrid's command to fly between trees, because she senses a fallen tree) You were right, Stormfly. It was down. I almost died.

Snotlout: Almost died? I would've died!

Astrid: That's a good look for you.

Hiccup: Has anyone seen Fishlegs?

Ruffnut: I saw him yesterday. Does that count?

(Hiccup finds Fishlegs and Meatlug caught in the trees)

Hiccup: Oh, there you are, Fishlegs. Are you okay?

Fishlegs: I'm fine. Just hanging out. It's not like I crashed or anything. Okay, I crashed. There, I said it.

Hiccup: (Tries to pull Fishlegs from the tree but pulls off his pants instead) Oops.

Fishlegs: And there goes my dignity.

Hiccup: Yeah, you're pretty stuck. I think I know how to get you down, but you have to stay perfectly still.

Fishlegs: Why? What are you going to do?

Toothless: something the won't hurt. Probably.

Hiccup: Careful, girl, he's not wearing any pants.

Fishlegs: Huh? Wait a second, what does my lack of pants have to do—

(Toothless shoots Fishlegs out of the tree and he lands in a bush )

Fishlegs: OH! Thank you. Um, I believe those are mine.

(Takes his pants back from Hiccup)

Hiccup: Now, what are we going to do about Meat... Lug?

(Meatlug crashes down to the ground, breaking the trees)

Fishlegs: Can you not tell the others Meatlug broke the trees? She's sensitive about her weight.

Hiccup: How did this happen?

Fishlegs: I don't know! I was just flying along, taking notes on the flora and fauna... typical guy stuff. And something weird jumped out of the bushes. It was like a... flaming squirrel.

Hiccup: Really? A flaming squirrel? (Looks skeptical)

Toothless: That sounds crazy. And I'm a walk talking dragon girl.

Fishlegs: Or a chipmunk. Or some other flammable rodent. I don't know, it scared us. Isn't that enough for you? (Flies off on Meatlug)

Hiccup: Did you hear that? A flaming squirrel. Everyone know there's no such thing as a—

(Something on fire zooms past)

Hiccup: FLAMING SQUIRREL! Whoa! You saw that, right?

Toothless: Yeah I did. But it can't be a flaming squirrel right?!

(We peek over the tree that has a burned mark on it and see hiding in some rocks is an injured baby dragon seeing this hiccup walk over to it)

Hiccup: Hey, little guy. Who are you? (Baby snaps at Hiccup) Whoa, settle down, big fella! I've never seen anything like him. Have you.