11

𖦹 ° . 11: Great Minds Think Alike

 ⋆♡11: Great Minds Think Alike

𖦹 ° .

a couple weeks later

~ "Suga, are you okay?" Daichi worriedly asked his friend while they were taking a quick break during volleyball practice.

"Huh? I'm fine, why?"

Daichi and Asahi looked at each other before looking back at him, "Well, you've been spacing out a lot and smiling as if you're in lala land. What's going on?"

Sugawara laughed, "Nothing I swear! Though, I do admit that I probably have been spacing a bit. I was just thinking of something."

"Okay? Care to fill us in?"

"Well...." He trailed off before huddling the two closer, "I've been thinking about asking a girl on a date but.. I'm not exactly sure how to do it."

Asahis eyes widened, "A date? Whos the girl?"

Daichi slapped his arm, "Are you dumb? It's obviously Y/N he's always staring at her in class."

"I am!?"

"Yes." The other two replied in unison.

The setter sighed, "Well, yes, it's her. I think I'm really starting to like her and she hasn't really had a good past with guys so I'm afraid that because of that she'll reject me."

"But, the question here should be, does she like you?"

His face went a bit red as he smiled, "I don't know but we get along great. I'd like to think maybe she does. I'd like to see where this could go."

"Hm. What do you think Asahi? How should he go about this?"

The ace nervously smiled, "Well, I'm not entirely sure because Ive never asked a girl out. But, maybe just be your usual self? You're a great guy Suga so I don't see why she'd say no to anything you do."

Daichi pointed at him as if agreeing, "He's got a point. If you think she likes you then just go for it. Just... as long as you're positive she's nothing like the last one."

"Oh trust me. She isn't."

"Then make her yours. Asahi and I will be right behind you cheering, right Asahi?"

"Right!"

Sugawara gave his friends a slap on their backs, "Wow you guys are so nice. I love my friends."

After their practice was over and Sugawara made his way home, he began to think of ways to ask this girl out.

He figured maybe she's into more romantic and small gestures than a grand big one that embarrasses her.

While he was lost in thought and turned to go into his house, he found Y/N sitting on his porch, causing him to stop in his tracks, "Y/N? What're you doing here? It's late!"

She smiled at him, "I know but, there's something that I've been thinking about and wanted to talk to you about."

"Okay.. What is it?"

Y/N stood up and walked to him, stopping at just a foot away from him, "Wanting to do this the right way, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go out someday... like a date.. or not! It can just be a normal hang out too!"

Sugawara's eyes widened, "A date? Youre asking me on a date?!"

Her face went red, "I had considered not asking because, well, I'm a mess, but you make me smile and you don't make me cry. Guys don't seem to actually wanna get to know me but you do. I think that's all I needed to know that maybe this could be something if you're feeling the same way. Kia was helping me through this decision earlier."

He smiled, "Kia sure does love stick her nose in other peoples relationships doesn't she."

"Yeah she does. So, what do you think?"

"I think I will absolutely go on a date with you miss Y/N. You know, I was actually thinking about asking you that same question."

"Well I beat you to it." She proudly stated, "Though, I've never actually been on a date so I'm apologizing in advance if it's bad. And yes! I'm planning it because I asked you."

He laughed, "I'm sure I'll love whatever you come up with."

Her face softened before she quickly wrapped her arms around him, giving him a tight hug, "Thank you for being... well you."

His arms snaked around her waist, hugging back, "You really don't have to thank me for not being an asshole. i don't get why guys think being that way is so cool."

She pulled away, "Me neither but oh well. Anyways, I've gotta get going before my mom realizes I'm out. I'll see you tomorrow with full details for our date."

"I look forward to seeing what you come up with."

𖦹 ° .