05

𑁍-''-𐦍05: Practice And Practice

𑁍-'♡'-𐦍05: Practice And Practice

𑁍-''-𐦍

~Over the next week, Y/N did nothing but practice her routine for her cheer tryouts.

She already met the coach and she seemed to like her so she's hoping that's more than enough to get her in if this routine turns out like shit.

Kia had given her pointers on what the coach usually looks for so she was there helping a lot.

Along with Nye and Sugawara who were just there for audience. It made Y/N nervous but if she felt confident in front of them, she'll feel confident in front of the coach.

They were normally in the volleyball gym after the practice was over. Sugawara would set a mat out for her once everything was put away and everyone went home.

After she finished her routine today, she looked at her friends, "So?"

Sugawara and Nye gave her a thumbs up.

But Kia hummed and tilted her head, "Well, you did mess up a couple times but those are easy fixes. I feel like something's missing."

Nye let out a small shout, "I know! The uniform and poms!"

Kia pointed at her, "That's it! I'll be right back!"

She then ran out of the gym and Y/N sat down, exhausted, "Guys, I'm tired and I haven't perfected this even with tryouts being in two days."

Sugawara handed her his water since she forgot hers, "Here, you look like you really need some. And I think you're doing great! For someone who's been practicing this for a couple of days, it's already close to perfect!"

Nye looked at him with a blank face before looking at Y/N with a smile, "You can do this! You really want this, right? Just be confident!"

Kia finally came back with a couple uniforms in her hand and a set of poms, "I forgot to ask what size you were so I brought a couple I thought might fit. Here."

Y/N took the clothing from her and went into the storage closet to chance.

Nye looked at Sugawara, "Why're you here again?"

"Y/N asked me to be here as a second opinion."

"Well you weren't a cheerleader so I don't get why she needs you."

"I'm just here to help her."

"Hmm... okay."

The storage door opened and Y/N walked out with a uniform that fit her perfectly.

Sugawara's eyes widened as he looked at her.

Pretty.

Nyes eyes were big as well.

Kia looked at them, seeing their faces, "Y/N looks cute, doesn't she!?"

They both nodded.

Then Nye looked at Sugawara who was looking at Y/N like she was something shiny, causing her to pinch his arm, making him look at her now instead of her best friend.

"Perfect! Cmon, let's try this one more time and then we can be done for today!"

A groan escaped Y/Ns lips as she made her way to the mat.

Going through her routine again, Kia thought the outfit definitely made it look better. And this time, Y/Ns small mistakes were barely noticeable.

When she finished, Kia stood up, clapping, "Yay! It's not perfect but I'm sure by friday you'll be good! Y/N! I'm so excited for you to be our captain! You're really sharp actually wow."

Y/N, who was on the floor out of breath, gave her a thumbs up.

Sugawara went to help her up as he laughed a bit, "You get to go home now. If you want I can-"

The gym door slid open and Mino was standing there, "Y/N, ready to go?"

She looked at him, "Shit. Give me a second to help clean up and I'll meet you soon."

"You got it!"

He closed the door and she walked away from Sugawara, talking to Kia for a second before they began to clean up.

Sugawara walked up to Nye, "I thought we agreed to keep him away from her."

"I agreed to keep an eye on her. And he's been nothing but nice to her. And he's really sweet to her on their dates. Or at least that's what she's told me. Is this really any of your business?"

His jaw dropped, "Okay, what's your deal with me? Last week you were nice and now it's like you want to claw my eyes out!"

"You-"

"Nye."  Y/N was next to them, tying her shoe, "You're picking me up for school tomorrow, right?"

She smiled, "Yep! What time should I stop by?"

"Uh, usual time is fine."

"Okay."

"Okay, I gotta go. Thank you all for today. See you tomorrow!"

She waved at her friends and left the gym, going to get ice cream with the boy she's been talking to.

Sugawara was the next to leave.

Once everyone was out of sight, Kia stood there next to Nye with a small smile on her face, "You like her, don't you?"

"Huh? Who?"

"Your best friend. Y/N."

"I have a boyfriend at my old school."

"But that's not what I asked." The two faced each other, "You know, before I met my girlfriend, I had a boyfriend. I loved him to death too. But, my girl just helped me see and come to terms with who I am."

Nyes face turned a deep shade of red, "Well I'm not. I have a boyfriend. I like my boyfriend. And Y/N has her guys. We're just good friends."

"If you say so!"

𑁍-''-𐦍