Chapter 41

Byul's POV

I waited for yongsun to fell asleep before leaving. As I stepped out of Yongsun's house, I noticed Eric standing at the front door, clutching a gift, presumably for Sky.

"They're both asleep now. I didn't see you earlier," I remarked.

"I was there, but it felt unnecessary to interfere," he responded, handing me the gift. "I just came to give this to Sky, but can you give this for me instead?"

"Why? You should be the one to give it to him. He's been looking for you earlier" I said. He was there for my son and yongsun all of this years, I know his presence is also important to the both of them.

"I appreciate that, but I think it's better this way," he replied with a faint smile. "Besides, I've come to terms with everything now. Just seeing them happy is enough for me."

"I've been meaning to say this for a long time. I apologize for all the pain my family caused yours, but I want to make something clear... I've never regretted loving yooa, and I'll always cherish the love we shared. And... Eric, thank you. Thank you for everything you've done for yongsun and sky. I'll always be grateful for your presence in their lives." With sincerity, I extended my hand, offering a handshake as a gesture of appreciation.

With a stern expression, Eric slapped my hand away and turned his back on me. "If you ever break her heart again, I won't hesitate to come back and win her over," he declared firmly before walking away.

Returning to my old unit, I couldn't shake the feeling of nostalgia as I stepped inside. Everything looked exactly as it did when Yong and I were together, each corner holding memories of our past. Despite the pain, there was a strange comfort in being surrounded by reminders of our time together. As I glanced around the familiar space, memories flooded back, each object holding a story of its own. Her presence lingered in every corner, reminding me of the love we once shared. Today, reuniting with Sky felt like a piece of the puzzle falling into place, bringing a sense of wholeness I hadn't felt in a long time.

With the ring in hand, I felt a surge of determination and hope. This ring symbolized not just a promise, but a commitment to making things right, to building a future together with Yongsun and Sky. As I gazed at it, I knew that when the time was right, I would offer it to her, ready to embark on a new journey, side by side.

---

Yongsun's POV

It's been a week since Eric departed. He called me and even sent Sky a gift before leaving for California. I haven't had the chance to properly thank him. Byul has been back for the same amount of time, faithfully visiting me and Sky every day. With each visit, she brings a gift for Sky and a bouquet for me.

"Do you realize that I am a flower shop owner? you should just buy here instead" I said accepting the boquet she is handing me.

Byul chuckled softly. "But then it wouldn't be the same, would it? Besides, I like supporting your business, even if it means buying flowers elsewhere." She grinned, her eyes twinkling with mischief. 

"Just stop giving me flowers, I dont know where to put it all" I said. "And! stop spoiling your son, he already has a lot of toys" This woman doesnt really know how to stop herself from buying gifts.

Byul grinned sheepishly. "I can't help it, he's just so adorable and I want to spoil him. And as for the flowers, well, I'll try to restrain myself, but no promises." She winked playfully.

I turned away, feeling my heart racing as though I'd just sprinted a marathon.

 "Yongsunah, are you okay?" She rushed to my side, placing a hand gently on my back.