Chapter 31

Hyejin's POV

"Soooo, tell us, Byulie! How did it happen?" Seulgi exclaimed teasingly as we gathered in Byul's office, eager to hear the details.

"We're so outdated, Byul! If Yongsun hadn't suddenly told us that she already has a girlfriend, we wouldn't have found out!" I chimed in, recalling how Wheein and I were the first to find out yesterday, although she didn't tell us the whole story at the time.

"Why do you need to know? Look, I'm busy right now," Byul retorted, shooting us her trademark death glare, clearly not in the mood for our teasing.

"Come on, just tell us!" Hani pleaded, draping her arms over Byulie's shoulders in an attempt to coax the story out of her.

"Fine! I'll tell you, but not now. I have a meeting in 15 minutes," Byul conceded, unable to resist our persistent curiosity.

"Okay, at my place then! Our girlfriends will be at Wheein's place later, and they'll also pester your girlfriend," Seulgi laughed as she got up and tapped Byul's shoulder. "We're gonna drink and celebrate this success!" she exclaimed, already planning the festivities ahead.

"Fine! Don't you have any work?! Go away!" Byul exclaimed, standing up and opening the door for us. "Make sure to buy my favorite drink," she added with a playful grin, shooing us out of her office with mock annoyance.

We all playfully smacked Byul before exiting her office. Just as we were about to leave the building, I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten my phone. "I forgot my phone! I'll tag along!" I called out to them, bidding them goodbye and quickly rushing to catch the elevator.

A smile spread across my face as I recalled the brightness in Byul's expression earlier. It was clear to see how much she had changed because of Yongsun, and it warmed my heart to witness their love blooming.

I approached Byul's office, intending to knock, but I was taken aback by the sound of people arguing inside. Could it be Yongsun and Byul already fighting? Unable to resist my curiosity, I cautiously opened the door, only to be met with a startling sight: my two friends, Byulyi and Krystal, locked in a passionate kiss right in front of me. My mind reeled in disbelief. What the heck was going on?

Confused and bewildered, I struggled to make sense of the scene before me. Byul had always seemed to resent Krystal, and Yongsun is her girlfriend, so why on earth were Byul and Krystal kissing now? My mind raced with questions and confusion as I tried to comprehend what I was witnessing.

As I was about to close the door krystal called me out. "Hyejin! Hi" She opened the door and let me in.Feeling awkward and unsure how to react, I forced a small smile at Krystal's greeting and quickly made my way to retrieve my phone. As I locked eyes with Byul, I could sense her apprehension, as if she were afraid that I had seen what had just transpired between her and Krystal.

Krystal's words hit me like a ton of bricks, confirming what I had just witnessed. My heart sank as I struggled to comprehend the situation. "Did you see us? I'm sorry, I just missed my Byulyi since she's been playing around lately," Krystal chuckled, her tone almost flippant. Byul's response was terse, pushing Krystal away with a stern command to "Shut it."

As Krystal made her exit, leaving us alone in the office, I couldn't shake off the uneasy feeling that lingered in the air. "Alright, I'll leave you two alone. See you later, babe, and see you around, Hyejin!" she called out before disappearing from sight. Left alone with Byul, I could sense the tension between us, unsure of what to say or how to react to what I had just witnessed.