44

daphne

it's only a couple of weeks left in school and i know that if i want answers i have to talk to aria soon.

i speed up my walk when i see her and follow her walk until i'm in front of her.

"daphne?"

"yeah. you've got some explaining to do." i say annoyed.

"i don't know what you're talking about." she says and tries to leave but i grab her arm.

"yes. you do."

she sighs and looks down to the floor.

"i overheard you guys talking in the library. in the beginning it was only the texts and hearing from sophia what you were doing." she takes a deep breath.

"and then i managed to track your phone." she says in embarrassment.

i sigh and place my hands on my face.

"all this time you've been bothering me. making me worry. and for what?"

"i don't....like you two. together i mean." she admits and i furrow my eyebrows.

"do you have a crush on aiden?"

she shakes her head and looks at me with sad eyes.

"i like you." she whispers sadly and my eyes widen a bit.

"me? we've barely talked." i mumble.

"what i'd seen and heard from you was enough. i knew you'd never like me so i wanted to ruin what you guys had."

"but josh's number? why'd you give him my snap?"

"i didn't want to seem suspicious." she says and looks at me with shame.

i can't help it, i feel bad for her.

"i don't know what to say." i mumble and she sighs.

"you don't have to say anything. i'm sorry. i'm letting you go now, don't worry." she gives me a small smile and leaves before i can say anything.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

i'm in the library to return a book when i see aiden.

we make eye contact and i debate if i should talk to him but instead i break away from his stare and return the book.

when i leave i hear him call my name so i turn around to look at him.

it's like my heart skips a beat and my breath is taken away. he's so beautiful. and i love this beautiful boy.

if only he liked me back and i wasn't a coward, then i'd admit it to him.

"yeah?" i ask.

"have you spoken to aria?"

"yeah, she's gonna stop now."

"did she say why she did it?" he asks.

"she likes me?" i say and chuckle a bit unsure.

"really?" he asks and i nod.

it's quiet for a while and i look at him. he's so tall and handsome, it's insane.

"well i guess it's not that weird. you're quite easy to like." he mumbles and i blush.

"aiden-"

"i know, i know. you don't like me. i just wanted to compliment you." he puts his hands up in surrender.

what if i just told him that i like him?

"actually i-"

"hate me? yeah i know." he chuckled and i give him a small smile.

he looks at me for a moment before muttering a 'bye' and leaving.

ੈ✩‧₊˚