26

daphne

"i feel like we need a girls weekend." sophia says.

"yeah i agree." i smile at her as we continue to eat.

the cafeteria is filled and people's conversations were hurting my ears.

i hate being at crowded places.

"where should we be?" i ask.

"maybe my house? my parents are having dinner and aiden is gonna be with some friend." she shrugs.

"great. it's been so long since we just had a sleepover." i smile.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

i walk in the empty corridor when i hear someone whisper my name.

"daphne." i look at my left and see aiden. he moves his head to the sadie and grabs my wrist.

we stay behind a corner and i lean against the wall.

(if you recognize this scene from baby i love you)

"i wanna tell you something." he says.

"sure. but i just wanna tell you that i'm staying over for a sleepover this weekend and you better not tease me or anything. i wanna be with my friend."

"it's hot when you tell me what to do." he chuckles and i roll my eyes.

"whatever."

"i was just gonna ask you something." he says.

he probably wants to fuck soon.

"a girl kinda asked me if i wanted to hang out. would that be okay?" he asks and my heart drops.

"hang out like....?"

"um i don't know, i don't think so." he says and nervously scratches his cheek.

"well, sure." i nod and look at the floor.

i thought we'd only sleep with each other.

"i can cancel it i-"

"no don't bother." i interrupt and feel a burn in my eyes and a lonely feeling.

i'm really allowing myself to let him use my body, and now he might start to date a girl that he's actually likes.

my fear of not being having people like me for me is even more evident now.

but i mean it's no secret that me and aiden don't like each other. but i sort of got a comfort in being taken cared of in bed. and now that might end.

"i have class soon." i sigh.

"daph..." he says but i leave.

why does it hurt this much when a guy ditches me?

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"what movie should we watch?" sophia asks.

"maybe a harry potter movie?"

"yes! harry potter will always do good." she says and i take a pizza slice.

after a while we hear the door open and a girl's laugh is heard.

aiden and leah, i guess, walks into the living room.

"oh is this your sister?" she asks him.

"yeah that's sophia, and that is uh daphne. her friend." he says and she looks me up and down.

"oh you've really done it all with the snacks and the food." she laugh and my mood drops.

i've only eaten a little today just so i could enjoy all these snacks, but now i just feel huge and gross.

"yeah it's so good. do you want some?" sophia asks and gives a sarcastic smile.

"no thanks. i rarely eat these stuff. i have to think about the shape. and also i'm a bit too dressed up to sit down here." she says and eyes my outfit.

i look down at my sweatpants and big tshirt.

the night is ruined.

ੈ✩‧₊˚