You got up and walked to the kitchen. Kol was there, pouring a glass of blood. He saw your face and slid the glass to you across the counter, grabbing another glass for himself.

"My darling brother sending you dreams of your fairytale life again?" he asked, sipping his blood.

"More like a nightmare," you grumbled. "Did you just get in?"

"Yeah, Jeremy wanted to hit the batting cages and then we went to get food," he said.

You sighed, shaking your head. You knew Kol was in Colorado to keep an eye on Jeremy, ready to use him as leverage if needed. But you didn't feel comfortable with it. Despite your newfound feelings towards his sister, you liked Jeremy. He was pulled unknowingly into the supernatural world. Damon had told you he could speak to the dead now too, some spell Bonnie had done to bring him back to life gone wrong. You couldn't imagine the burden that would bear.

"This blood bag business is quite disappointing," Kol said, seeing from your face that he should probably change the subject. "What do you say we go out for a bite?"

You smirked, putting your glass down. "What did you have in mind?"

• • •

The club was loud and crowded, and it was perfect. You hadn't hunted like this since New York. But as you had discovered centuries ago, the adrenaline from serotonin tasted so much sweeter than fear.

The man dancing with you was a bit more handsy than you liked, but that just made it easier. Like a moth to a flame. You smirked as you turned in his arms, draping your arms over his shoulders as you looked into his eyes. His eyes were predatory as he looked down at you, probably thinking he was going to get lucky. Unfortunately for him, you were the predator here. "Don't scream," you compelled.

He nodded, a confused look on his face that was quickly replaced by a smirk as you leaned in, your face changing as you bit into him. The pull from the vein always hit different than the blood bags you'd been subjected to in Mystic Falls. You felt the warmth spread through you as the guy gasped. When you had enough, you pulled away, pricking your tongue on your fang before pressing your lips against his, letting your blood flow into his mouth, healing his wound. You quickly pulled away, meeting his eyes. "You're going to go home and forget this ever happened," you compelled. He nodded again. "Oh one more thing, you're never going to touch a woman without her consent again."

You were pulled away from him as Kol appeared beside you, grabbing your arm and pulling you in to dance with him. "Having fun?" He asked.

You smirked. "This was exactly what I needed."

He reached forward, his thumb wiping blood from the corner of your mouth. "I forgot how sexy you look when you're hunting," he said so softly you weren't sure you heard him correctly.

"What?"

"I said I forgot how much I enjoy watching you hunt," he said easily.

You grinned, choosing to ignore it as you danced with your best friend. The music changed, and you felt something change in the air as his hands moved further down your waist, the electric tension growing between you. Your bodies moved in a synchronicity that spoke of your long years together, a chemistry that was almost palpable on your tongue. The rest of the club disappeared as your eyes met his. You could see the question in them as he reached up to graze your cheek, but you couldn't go there. Kol was your best friend and Klaus' brother.

You pulled away quickly, stepping back. "We should um we should head back," you said softly, the words only audible to a vampire over this music,

He looked at you for a moment longer, and you could see the longing there, the longing you had long since denied. He nodded and turned, walking away from you, leaving you to follow as you felt the warmth in your cheeks.