six.

six. wicked is the sting of betrayal

You had never been so glad to see Alaric. You had joined Damon and Andie at the Mystic Grill on Damon's insistence and you were tired of third wheeling Damon and his compelled girlfriend.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked.

"No it was boring," Alaric said. "Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming."

"He is charming," you said.

"So you date him," Alaric grumbled.

You glared at him as Damon smirked. "Well, he already has a thing for her," he said. "But you sounded jealous, Ric. Sound a bit jealous?" He looked at Andie.

"Kinda do," she said.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," Alaric said, looking at Andie.

"Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you?"

"Uh-huh." She kissed him.

"You know it's pretty sad you have to compel yourself a girlfriend," you said.

"Maybe if you dated Elijah, you wouldn't be so uptight, Y/N," Andie said. You glared at her.

"There's that spunk I adore," Damon said, smirking again. Alaric gave him a look. "Calm down, I just need the right opportunity. And look who it is. Jenna with her new boyfriend."

Elijah and Jenna walked over to your table. "Hey, guys," Jenna said.

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon said as the two sat down. Elijah smiled as he sat next to you and Damon gave you a pointed look.

"I guess you could say that," Jenna said.

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade," Alaric said, standing up

"No, you know what? We should continue this," Andie said. "Let's have a dinner party."

"Oh, my girl. Full of good ideas," Damon said. "I'll be happy to host. Say tonight maybe?"

"It's good for me," Andie said. "Jenna? Y/N?"

"I don't know if tonight works," Alaric said.

"Yeah I'm free," Jenna said. You raised an eyebrow. Not everything was okay there clearly.

"Will you be attending, Y/N?" Elijah asked.

"She lives there so she doesn't have a choice," Damon said casually.

"I guess I'm attending," you rolled your eyes.

"It'd be a pleasure," Elijah said.

Damon smirked at you. "Great."

You didn't even want to know what he had planned.

• • •

Jenna and Andie were preparing the table while you, Damon and Alaric were in the library. "Listen, she all but confirmed it," Damon said. "The dagger will work."

"This is a bad idea," Alaric said.

"There's no such thing as a bad idea. Just poorly executed awesome ones," Damon said.

"No it's a bad idea," you said. "I heard back from my source. You can't use the dagger."

"Why not?"

"It kills any vampire that uses it," you said. "My guy said it only works when a human uses it. The dagger keeps them dead."