thirty-one.

thirty-one. it was legendary. it was momentary.

New York

"I still don't see why we can't just grab him and force the blood out of him," Klaus said as you walked down the street. "Finn has never been a challenge for me."

You rolled your eyes. "What happens to one happens to all, remember? Besides, my plan is much better than yours. As usual. Yet another reason you shouldn't have forced me to leave."

"Alright, alright, love," he chuckled, pulling you in and draping his arm around your neck. "I concede my nefarious plans turned out much better when I had your council. And I am forever indebted to you for forgiving my past transgressions."

"I haven't forgiven you," you said so softly that only his vampire ears could have picked it up in the bustling sounds of the city you had once called your home.

He was silent for a moment. "I did wonder if that was what was causing you to refrain from entering my bed again."

"I enter your bed every night," you said, though you knew that wasn't what he meant. "I literally woke up there this morning."

He stopped, pulling you to a stop as well and turning you to look at him. "You know that is not what I meant. You come to me for sleep, and I am grateful for the peace I can succumb to again after a hundreds years of restless nights without you. But you hesitate when I touch you. You pull away from me. Perhaps you have not actually let me back into your heart."

You sighed. "Can we not talk about this now?" You knew this conversation would come up eventually. You knew you were holding back, but you couldn't help it. Every time he touched you more intimately than a kiss, you couldn't help but pull back. And you had no idea why. In truth, you had gotten over the women he'd been with since he sent you away. Lexi was right. You weren't together then. But something was still holding you back.

He didn't move, just staring at you, a contemplative look on his face.

"Klaus," you sighed, trying to pull out of his grip, but he didn't budge. "We have to find Finn."

"This conversation isn't over," he said. "But luckily for you, I have found my suicidal brother."

He stepped back, his entire demeanor changing as he let you go. You followed him to an alley, tense as you felt his silent rage. Finn was walking down the street as you approached.

"Hello, Finn," Klaus greeted.

Finn looked unsurprised to see you both. "Hello, Niklaus, Y/N. I have nothing to say to you both."

"I'm not here to chat," Klaus said easily. "I will ask you one thing, though. Where's our mother?"

"Gone to find another way to end our abominable lives," Finn said. "And when she does, I will sacrifice myself all over again."

"Do you ever get tired of being a momma's boy?" You rolled your eyes.

Finn's eyes flashed at you. You knew he was probably remembering the things you'd said to his mother last time. "I could say the same of you, Y/N, the way you're standing beside Niklaus again. Given everything he has done to you, including condemning you to this monstrosity of a life, I would think you'd have more self-respect and stay far away from him."

Klaus growled. "I would watch your words, brother. My patience with you, and I'm sure you can imagine, has run out."

"Why? Do I speak lies? You banished her and yet, here she stands, inexplicably tethered to you like a moth to a flame, oblivious to the burns she suffers in your presence," he said. "I suppose the only solace she will find will be in your death once mother returns."

Forever The Name On My LipsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara