The breakup

It was cold. Really cold. In my defence, it was the middle of winter and late at night. I had just finished my shift at the pub, walking home alone, through the cold and miserable streets of London. I wasn't particularly in a rush to get home, even though the cold was freezing my fingertips I wasn't planning on walking any faster. This is entirely due to the fact that my roommate Dylan was planning on having his girlfriend Leah over for the night. She is a sweet girl, her eyes are like gems and her hair drops down to her waist. Her gorgeous blonde hair can only be described as that of an angels. I don't have anything against her, she is well, spoken and neat. It's just... every-time she's over I can't get a wink of sleep.

sometimes I get jealous when I hear them. I've been single for the longest time and it's driving me insane. On some nights I'll even consider teasing myself a bit to the sound of Dylan's masculine grunting and Leah's euphoric moans of pleasure. I refrain from it though... It is not right.

As I finally reach the warmth of my apartment, I hear a commotion. As I insert the key and twist the lock, I'm basically inviting myself in on an argument between two people who seemed to used to be lovers.

" I swear Dylan, it was nothing but a stupid kiss a very stupid immature Kiss" Says Leah as tears stream down her rosey cheeks. "Oh yeah? You've betrayed my trust, so I'll say it again I want you gone!" Dylan says trying to refrain from shouting you can see the frustration in his eyes. It's like an aura emanating off his body. "What's going on?" I hesitantly ask fully knowing it's none of my business, but still curious as to why they're arguing. " Why don't you tell our dear friend what you've done Leah?" Says Dylan, you can hear the disgust in his voice. I can see the hesitation in Leah's eyes. It's almost like I can feel it. I can feel her heart in her throat. "come on, spit it out Leah" I say. " Fine... I kissed Adam, but it was nothing serious. I swear we did nothing more" she says, as she's sobbing and practically falling into my Arms. " nothing serious" Dylan scoffs. I glanced at Dylan. I could see the guilt in his eyes, almost like he had somehow caused this, but also fully, knowing it was entirely not his fault. " Lucy can you please show Leah the door I'd like to be alone" Dylan says before retreating into the comfort of his room, slamming his door on the way in. " What were you thinking Leah you betrayed his trust" I say " I wasn't thinking Lucy... But I'd better go before I make him any angrier than he already is I'm sorry" has she put her jacket on and walks out the door I can't help but feel the sadness in her walk. Feel the guilt as if I had also somehow caused this. She seemed to be good at that, making others feel guilty for her mishaps. It was not fair on Dylan and she must pay the price for what she's done. It is a natural order of life.