Chapter 20-2 Girls. 1 Heart.

Start from the beginning

"I love you," I said looking straight into his eyes.

Lucas' eyes stared into mine for what felt like forever until he said "I love you Mia" to me.

"Girl! There's a girl! I think she's dead." A boy yelled from near the woods.

Lucas and I ran towards the boy as fast as we could. Lucas of course, got there before me. We looked down a small hill and saw a girl covered in blood, leaves, and twigs. She looked like she was down there for a week. I ran down to her side in order to determine if she was still breathing.

"Mia! Wait!" Lucas called behind me.

"Relax. I am just seeing if I can find a pulse." I replied in a soft voice.

I took two fingers and placed it below her chin. She had a pulse. It was very strong which didn't make any sense considering the way she looked. It should be very faint by now since she had no water, food, and she was covered in blood. Something about this girl wasn't adding up.

"Well?!?!" I heard the boy that discovered her yell at me.

"She's alive. I don't think this blood is hers, though."

I didn't want people to know that her pulse was strong. I was afraid they would hurt her if they know that this was staged. Yes, staged. I could easily tell that the blood on her neck was fake.

For Halloween each year, my brother would always set up traps for me and I'd always fall for them. Most of the time, buckets of blood would be dumped on my head or be squirted at me. When I was younger, I believed it was real, but then I tested it with real blood to figure out it was fake.

This is from Jackson. It's a message. I don't know what this girl has to do with us, but I intend to find out. How could a girl that I've never seen before affect me? It also makes me wonder why Jackson had this girl when she isn't even apart of the pack.

I began picking up the leaves off of her face revealing a large bruise. The bruise was real. It was probably the only thing real about this. I took the sleeve of my sweater that had the least amount of paint on it and wiped the blood away. She has fair skin and blonde curls. She should have looked sweet and delicate, but instead I found her to give off a bad vibe despite her being unconscious.

I turned around to find Lucas biting his lip while staring deeply at her face. He knew her. However, since I was here, he wasn't going to say anything. Based on his expression, I could tell she was important to him.

"Lucas?" He didn't reply back to me.

He continued to stare at her face. "Lucas!" I screamed.

He finally came back down to Earth and realized I was trying to ask him something. He removed his eyes away from the girl and focused them on me.

"Why don't you move the people to another field for the paint war while I bring her to the alpha house. I will look around here later to find any clues to how she got here later, but I can't have these people messing it up." I smiled.

Lucas nodded at me and began rounding up all the people and began bringing them to a field on the other side of our territory.I removed the twigs that covered her legs and picked her up. It was easy to pick her up at first, but the more I walked, the more difficult it was to carry her.

I brought her to a guest room on the second floor. I immediately wiped the dirt and blood away from her body. I dressed her into a white nightgown so she no longer had to be in blood stained clothes. I placed her clothes on the chair next to the nightstand when I felt a piece of paper in her pant pocket. I pulled out the piece of paper that was folded.