☆DNA☆ -11

warnings: a bit of angst

-Lix POV-

Ugh, it's Tuesday, the checkup day. I groan when I get out of bed,  stretching my arms out. I advance towards to the bathroom, the coldness of the ground stinging the soles of my feet. 

Yawning, I pick up the toothbrush, dampening it and then squeezing the toothpaste onto the bristles. I start brushing, peacefully, until I feel a small, but sharp pain in my ear. The small pain turned to a larger pain, making my head spin. I drop the toothbrush, letting out a bloodcurdling scream. 

"Felix?!"

.. - / .... ..- .-. - ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

-at the lab-

"It's just a small inconvenience with the new ears. They seem to be more sensitive than normal, meaning that he can hear vibrations and radio waves of almost every-" A familiar feminine voice..

"Yes, Jennie, I know. I studied this too." It's..Hyunjin speaking..

I drearily open up my eyes, the lids feeling heavy. 

"Hyun..jin?" I groan, wincing when I hear the violent buzzing coming from the technology. 

"Get him some more anesthesia...he woke up before the surgery is complete." A different voice said. A voice I've never heard before. 

"Got it boss." I hear Hyunjin's voice say before blacking out again.

-Hyunjin POV-

"Will he be okay..?" I nervously ask. 

Miyeon paces around. "He will be. Follow the procedure well." 

I nod in response, taking the scalpel to his ears to adjust some tendens and chords.

(idk what to put here + i've never done this sort of stuff so uhh)

"Shit.." I hear Jennie mumble.

"What did you do." I ask, trying to stay calm, but panic still hints at my voice. 

"His ears are becoming pointy from the chemical." She explains.

"Is there something wrong with that?" I ask.

"A chemical reaction between the medicine and something in his ear canal...do you know what happened to him before you were put in charge of him?" She says.

"No." I admit. I've never asked him about his past with Hong. I was scared that I'd bother him. "I'll ask him tonight." 

"Alright. Then send it to the group chat," Jennie explains, her eyebrows furrowing as she leans in closer to inspect. "I'm just about down with this ear. You?" 

"Same here. I just need to do some stitching." 

"Alright Jinnie." 

We finish up the procedure, Miyeon looking over what we've accomplished, Jennie removing the anesthesia. 

"Lix, wake up." I whisper. 

"Let him sleep for now, Hyunjin." 

I nod, Miyeon nodding back, understanding how I feel. 

The familiar blonde ears, perked up waiting for Felix stand infront of me.

"Is he okay?" Rosé asks. 

"Yes, he's just asleep. You can see him in ten or so minutes." I explain. She nods, going back to her small friend group. Among them, I can see Jisung, Lisa, Jake, and Jeongin. The rest, I don't recognize. 

 -Lix POV-

I blinked. And blinked again. The operation seemed to be over by now. I was on the operation table still. They probably left me there when I was still asleep after the surgery. 

"Hyunjin..?" 

"Hyunjin's analyzing DNA." an unfamiliar but familiar voice says.

"Who...who're you?" I ask slowly.

"I'm Dr. Cho M, but I'm basically your age. Miyeon is fine." She explains to me. 

"Hmm." I hum. I get up off the table, hoping to go find Hyunjin.

"Leaving so soon? Okay. Rosé and the others are near the lobby." 

"Thank you, Dr- I mean Miyeon." I nod, advancing towards the familiar lobby and familiar hallway. I smile at sight of Rosé and Jisung, the others waving and laughing cheerily. 

"Felix! You're awake!" She calls, running towards me to embrace me in a hug. 

"Hey Rosé. Hey guys." I say, wrapping a hand around my nape. I hug Rosé back, then advancing towards the group.

"I heard people calling Hyunjin Jinnie." Jake snickers. 

"Oh? He doesn't seem like the type to be addressed by nicknames. Actually- I'm lying, he definitely is." I laugh.

"So, what's up with your lives? I'm just a normal human so uhm-" Jake says with a small laugh.

"I literally know nobody here except for Hyunjin, Rosé and her doctor, Miyeon, Jennie, Chan and Jeongin." I laugh.

Chit chat. Fun. A solid ten minutes or so pass, chatting to our hearts content.  

"Lix I'm back." Hyunjin says, with a serious but yet lighthearted tone. 

"Okay." I nod, dry words tinting my voice. I clear my throat as I remember how I used to act. Chuckle. 

The car sits in the same place everyday, the eleventh floor four spots from the elevator. 

"Felix, I have a question." Hyunjin says sternly. I nervously turn my head to him.

"Yes?" 

"About Hong...did he ever do anything with your ears?" He asks suspiciously. 

"He..." I trail off, trying to remember what happened. "He used to drip something in it," I say. "Either that or he'd make me drink something he'd call the anti-biotic." 

"I see. We found out that the numbing medicine and whatever he put in your ears had a reaction." He explains.

"Oh?" 

"Yeah." 

-home-

"Lunch?" He asks.

"Yeah, but let me go brush my teeth real quick." I say, walking towards the bedroom.

He just nods.

-idfk how to write out a scene where he brushes teeth so uh-

"What's for lunch?" I ask.

"I'm spending money today so I'm making jjajangmyeong and shrimp fried rice." He says, frying rice.

"Alright then." I say.

"How're you feeling? Your ears fine?" He brings up.

"They're fine I guess. Not much, just normal." I explain. 

"Good to hear." Hyunjin says with a professional voice. 

"So, I hear people call you Jinnie?" I ask teasingly.

"Who told you that?" He asks, getting defensive.

"Jake." I say bluntly with a chuckle.

"I have every right to deny that statement." 

"Yeah you can, but that doesn't stop me from calling you that." 

I smirk.

I love this man with all my heart.

----------

words: 961

I WAS WRITING THIS ON VC LMAOO

I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR THE ENDING SO UH SOME FLUFF IG

LOVE YOU SUNNIES