✩Braids and Tears✩ -06

warning: fluff, get ur tissues if ur an emotional fluff lover person

-Hyunjin POV-

"So in two weeks?" I ask.

"Yeah. In two weeks, Jeongin will be moving in with you." Dr. Miyeon nods. I was lucky that she had agreed with my plan and organized the experiments. 

"Alright," I said. "I'll be going back now. Good bye!" 

"See you tomorrow Hyunjin." Miyeon calmly called after me. I walked in the sunny weather to the parking lot where my car was sat at. Before entering, I pulled out my phone to see how Felix is doing. 

Lix <3

How are you doing so far? What did you eat?

I ordered delivery from a jajangmyeon place.

Good. I'm on my way back now. See you in a bit Lix.

See you.

I closed my phone to actually enter the front seat of my car to go back home. I discarded my lab coat and tossed it to the backseat and got the car started. I drove on the highway, my hands in autopilot on my way home. I memorized the way back early on, for when I was 20 years old I got the job. I was a...child prodigy you could say. I skipped from third to fifth grade, for I didn't need the fourth grade. 

While listening to some of my normal songs and some songs that Felix had suggested, I had made a good way through the way back home. I pulled into the driveway and locked the car, it making a clicking sound. 

"I'm home Lix!" I call.

"Hi.." I hear a small muffled voice call. I smile to myself when I see Felix curled up on the couch, reading the book I had gave him, his blond hair sprawled around him. He seemed to be basically done with it, the pages thinner on the right rather thicker on the left. 

"I'll go take a quick shower then I'll make dinner, kay?" I ask.

"Alright." He mumbles. I make my way to the master bedroom, the one that we shared. I quickly got the the restroom and doffed my clothes and entered the shower. The hot water ran down my back, relieving myself from the tension I had from the shoulder pain I experienced from facing downwards for eight hours straight. 

-after the shower bc this feels so awkward to me help-

After I had blow dried my long hair, I tied it back into a messy half-ponytail and went out in a sweatshirt and cargo pants. Felix was now scrolling patiently on his phone, looking bored and half awake. I quickly decided to make something easy and delicious that took around ten minutes. I called him over and we had a nice final meal.

-after dinner bc i can not write eating scenes-

I sat on our bed, cross-legged and looking through my phone, when Felix's head pops through the door, slightly red, 

"I forgot to get a towel..." He mutters. His face turns more red as he looks away.

"I'll go get you one." I chuckle. I retrieve a towel from the laundry room and hand it to him.

"Thank you." He mumbles, embarrassed for a small mistake like this. Minutes later, he walks out and plops himself on the bed as well, taking out his phone and earbuds.

-Lix POV-

I take out my phone to do my 'daily dose of pointless Australian shit.' There, it's basically a group chat of my friends from Australia, like Chan, Rosé, Danielle, Hanni whom I met in Vietnam when I was vacationing there, Lily, Jake, and so on so forth. 

aussies unite

Felix
Ok, who changed the name again?

Jake
I think it was Lily.

Felix
At least its better than "people of austrailia and korea. except hanni"

Jake
BAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Lily
Real thoo-

Hanni
soooooo hows yalls life been

Felix
Fine...but i think im gay 

Lily
WHAT

Hanni
HUHHH

Danielle
NANI

Jake
About time, man

Felix
DANIELLE WHERE DID YOU COME FROM

Danielle
Your closet!

Felix
HELP SHES STALKING ME CHANNN

Danielle
NO IM NOT

I smiled as I read the chaotic messages of my chaotic group and couldn't help but smile. I see through the corner of my eye that Hyunjin glances at me and smiles too. 

Later that night, I feel Hyunjin's arm wrap around me protectively. Memories then flash through my head. Memories from my mother and sister when I was younger. A lump forms in my throat. 

No- don't start crying!

I let out a stifled sob as I raise my arm to cover my mouth. I tense my body as tears fall from my eyes, dampening the pillow. I soon then hear shifts in the sheets. 

Shit, Hyunjin's still awake.

"Could you sit up for me, Lix?" Hyunjin's voice soothingly makes its way to my ear. I sit myself up, raising my arm to sub my eyes to subdue the crying. I feel Hyunjin take a part of my hair and split it up into three parts, braiding it. I let him continue, to weave my hair into a braid as I focus on my breath. Soon enough, my breathing goes back to normal and tears stop rolling down my face. Hyunjin ties the small braid with a small rubber band and tucks it back near where my ear would be originally.  

"Thanks..." I mumble, wiping my dampened cheeks and feeling the braid before laying back down.

"No problem." Hyunjin whispers. He wraps his arm around me again, pulling me closer to him. I automatically turn over to face him, unknowing that I was that close to him. 

"Goodnight Felix. Have a good nights rest." 

—————

words: 975

what are your favorite songs?

i slacked on word count but who tf cares 🤷‍♀️

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2024 IS HERE GUYS

anywho i got inspo from the scaramouche x aether book, the harbinger's guest

i love it so far ayyyy

also grammarly said that i had 83 writing mistakes WTF

and IM DYING LOOK 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/19069998415774442/

it's 2:07 for me but i scheduled to publish it later in the day so yeah. 

night to me, have fun reading to u guys :D