Chapter 18

For those interested, I have a somewhat official Swan's Song playlist on Spotify. Here's the link. I think it expires in 7 days or what not, so message me if you find this later and want to tune in.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5tMnwEEB23tft9jjj8jVis?si=eTsfi9RSQ2mPov-y3xnMGw&pi=u-HlYzz1dWR9ST

With that being said, it is in no particular order, save for the first song, which I believe not only fits the theme of the story really well, but its characters too.

'In the Pines' will always fit as Swan's theme. For most of the story, that is. Now I'll leave what you take from that up to you.

Lots of you will probably recognize the themes of the songs and will see the similarities derived from what I've listened to and what I've created. Each song from the band Rome in particular reflect this.

I mean, Farcry 5's soundtrack was listened to for over forty hours by me on multiple devices.

Ever wondered why Swan sounds and speaks in such a cultish way? Maybe its the soundtrack, or maybe it's something else...

With that being said, I really hope you enjoy this chapter because I have been crawling up the walls with anticipation to get to where I am in the story. This chapter is where lightning strikes!

XXX

"What's this mission you alluded to, General?" Swan looked up at the wolf, his eyes narrowing as he peered into her brown eyes.

He felt a small sense of familiarity when looking at them, purely due to the fact that he had become used to seeing them often.

Sako Squad was becoming much the same, after having met the people who were in the uniforms he was trying to shoot at for so long.

"Swan... you didn't go back to bed after breakfast, did you?" Asked Brixley.

"Not but for an hour when Phantom woke me up." He said. Callie folded her arms as she leaned against the side of the wall where the armory gate rested.

"Swan... do I need to be in the room with you to ensure that you fall asleep and stay asleep?" Asked Brixley with a resigned tone. Swan shook and then cocked his head.

"So, let's get you back to your room and please get some rest. I'll tell you about the mission tomorrow when you're rested up." Said Brixley.

Swan only held his look for a moment before nodding. Brixley gave him a soft smile.

"Your slide will be done by tomorrow at the latest. Come on." She said. Brixley began to walk away and Swan followed.

He got about halfway down the hall when he realized that he could only hear two sets of feet walking, and he looked back to see that Callie was still leaning against the gate and watching him.

He paused his stride, looking back at her for a moment before he brought a hand up and twisted it, gesturing as if to ask her 'What are you doing? Are you coming?'

Callie remained in her position and waved a hand, telling him to go.

"Are you not a part of this 'happy' family, Faraday? Why are you staying here?" Wondered Swan. Without any words, he obliged the hand that waved him off without a single word.

The man, while walking, was blind to the fact that the set of emerald green eyes of the shark were watching him.

They watched, and they were conflicted, the emotions behind them muddled and simply so, so confused as to everything that had happened.