Ice Skating

Lesso and Dovey go ice skating with some of their students.
No warnings needed.

Clarissa PoV:

The winters always got pretty cold here at the schools. You didn't really notice it, because everywhere where fires to keep everyone warm, but you could see it as soon as you looked outside.

The garden was full of snow and the river was frozen. But not just a little thin layer, no, a rather thick ice layer. Perfect if you want to go ice skating with friends or your lover.

Some students couldn't go home over the holidays, so they had to stay here with us. I didn't really mind it, it was always so quiet in these schools without the students here. And even when lesso would never admit it, she liked the time she spend with her students.

"I have an idea." "No, I won't let you dress me up again. I still regret last time." I looked at her pouting, before rolling my eyes. "First of all, you looked beautiful, second of all, I didn't mean that."

She placed her book down on her lap, looking at me. "What then?" "I wanted to go out ice skating with some students." She tilted her head a bit, a small smile on her lips.

"Don't remember how this went last year?" "Pff. I got better." I nodded proud, only to hear her chuckle. "Hey! Don't you laugh at me." She bit her lip, trying to supress the chuckle.

"You don't have to come, I just thought it would be a cute idea." Her eyes had this soft glow in them, this loveable glow she always had when she looked at me.

"Of course I will join you and your students." "What about your students?" She got up from her armchair, shrugging. "I am not really sure any of them know how to." "We can teach them."

She smiled at me. "Just like I taught you?" My cheeks started to heat up and I looked down. Her hand grabbed my chin softly, making me look up at her. "I will go and ask them, okay? You go get our skates."

I smiled widely, pulling her closer to me to give her a soft kiss. "See you then!" Without waiting for a response, I walked out of the room and back to the school for good.

It didn't take long for Lesso and some Nevers to come over. I stood with my own students in the hallway, smiling at her. "Sweet to see you guys want to join us!" Lesso smiled amused, taking her skates from me.

We all made our way out of the school and down to the river. "Are we sure the ice is thick enough?" I looked at her, before looking at the students who were putting on their skates.

She shrugged, turning her head to me. "Even if any of them breaks through, we have magic, don't forget that. We have them faster out and dried up then you can think about it."

I sighed and nodded slowly, before starting to put on my own skates. Lesso did the same and soon the first few students were on the ice.

"Lady Lesso?" "Yes Henry?" I looked over to the two. "How excatly, uhm, do you do this now?" She smiled slightly. "The Evers will help you, if you need any help. Just ask them, okay?" They boy nodded and we watched as a group of Nevers stumbled onto the ice.

"Someone could say you see them as your kids." I teased her, as we both slowly got onto the ice. Her cheeks slightly turned red, looking at you. "What? No! What? I don't-" "It's okay Nora, it's not a crime."

She looked down, sighing. "It's just… They can't go home, because either they have no home or their parents are cruel to them. For some of them I am the only representive as a parent."

I smiled at her, interwining my arm with hers. "That's sweet to think about." "I swear, if you tell this to anyone else, I will ignore you." She gave me a little glare, which made me chuckle.

"We both know you are to clingy to do that. Can't imagine that you could fall asleep without your face cuddled deep into my che-" She placed her hand over my mouth, her cheeks even more red then before.

"Just… be quiet." I smiled against her hand, nodding, watching her as she pulled her hand back.

"Now. You said that you got better. Show me." She pulled her arm back from me, leaving me without anything to hold onto. Of course it was a lie that I got better, but it was a lie to get her out here with me.

"I hate you." She smirked, starting to skate around me. "Just admit that you lied to me." "You already know that!" Her eyes had a playful look to them, as she stopped infront of me.

"Yeah. But I want to hear it from you." She poked her finger into my chest, causing me to lose my balance and falling backwards. For my luck, Lesso has some very good reflexes.

Before I could even hit the ground, her arms had wrapped around my waist. She looked at me, a sly smirk on her lips. "Admit it Princess." My cheeks turned red and I looked to the side.

"I may or may not have lied. Yeah." There was this low chuckle that always gave me a goosebump and she pulled me up into her arms. Our bodies touched and she held me close to her.

"You are adorable, you know?" Before I could answer, she kissed me, cold noses touching, warm lips melting against each other. I placed my hands onto her waist, taking in the moment.

We leaned back, our warm breath visible in the cold air. "I love you Princess." "I love you too Nora." Our foreheads touched, as we stood there on the ice.

From somewhere further behind us, you could hear excited screams from the students and I chuckled. "Totaly forgot they were here." I mumbled, which made her chuckle.

"Professor Dovey forgetting her own students. Never thought I would witness that." I rolled my eyes and slapped her arm softly. "Just be quiet."