Chapter 36-40

Chapter 36: Snack, don't waver

  Apricot preserves are easy to make. In almost half an hour, the sweet aroma emanated from the inside to the outside, and penetrated everyone's noses little by little.

  Because it was his first time making it, Su Xiaomai lit the fire by himself and controlled the heat very carefully. When grilling something, the importance of heat is self-evident.

  At this time, the sky had darkened, and several children had returned. One by one, they sat on the bench and stared at the earthen stove, wondering how delicious the preserved apricots just now were.

  When the brothers from the old Chen family came back, Su Maimai finally stopped. She opened the flap and took a chopstick, but she didn't give it to anyone else. She took a serious taste and then nodded: "It tastes good. It's just that there's still a little less sugar and it's a little sour."

  She took the remaining bite and felt the eager eyes. When she raised her head, she saw Jiang Tiantian.

  She took another chopstick and gave it to Jiang Tiantian and said, "Try it for me. Whether it's good or not, tell the truth."

  Jiang Tiantian smiled brightly, sighed, and took the apricot preserves. The hot apricot preserves were still a little bit hot to the touch. Jiang Tiantian blew on them hard and then bit them. The roasted apricots are a little harder than the original ones, but they don't have a chewy texture at all. Instead, they are just right. If it cools down a bit, it will probably be a little stronger.

  Apricot preserves are sour and sweet, not too sour, not too sweet.

  Naturally, it is not the same as those preserved fruits sold in modern times, and it is not as sweet, but the taste is just right for Jiang Tiantian.

  She doesn't really like anything too sweet, so this is just right for her.

  "It's particularly delicious!" Jiang Tiantian gave a thumbs up, then handed the remaining half of the bite to Chen Qingfeng's mouth, and said, "Brother Xiaofeng, try it, Sister-in-law Wu's craftsmanship is simply unparalleled in the world. Invincible!"

  Chen Qingfeng didn't care whether he had been bitten by Jiang Tiantian or not. He glanced at everyone's envious eyes, ate it proudly, and said sincerely: "It's delicious!"

  Although Jiang Tiantian and Su Xiaomai have eaten modern preserved fruit, they know that theirs are not that sweet. However, this is already very sweet to them. You know, they usually eat very little even a piece of candy.

  Moreover, when life is bitter, it seems that sweetness is particularly needed.

  Although Su Xiaomai thinks it's still not sweet enough, overall she thinks the sweetness is enough.

  "Mom, you and dad both have a taste."

  Su Maimai shared a piece each, and then waited with a smile. As expected, Aunt Chen and Accountant Chen were both very experienced. They had never thought that this food was so delicious. However, this is really a particularly luxurious snack.

  Probably because they looked so satisfied eating, the others were even more greedy. Everyone swallowed.

  Mrs. Chen glanced at the preserved apricots in the stove and said decisively, "Try each one."

  This is what everyone thinks is bad. No matter how much food is eaten, it is not enough. It seems that if each person shares a little, there won't be much left. As soon as Mrs. Chen finished dividing, she immediately wrapped all the rest in paper and locked it in the cabinet decisively.