Chapter 18

Darkstorm padded away from Applepaw terrified about the reality that he was mooning over a ThunderClan cat. "Great starclan your actually in love. I just said that as a joke but it's actually true."

Darkstorm felt his pelt heat up as he went into the hunters crouch after hearing a frog nearby. "Shut up and let me concentrate." Applepaw quieted down but kept his mischievous glance on Darkstorm.

When Darkstorm leaped and caught the frog Applepaw kept asking questions. "Please Darkstorm tell me who it is I won't tell anyone just please tell me."

Darkstorm kept walking towards camp with his frog nervous about Applepaw's questions. When he reached camp he was relieved to see Morningstar announcing the cats that will attend the gathering.

"I want Darkstorm, Shrewleaf, woodpaw, blackpelt, Applepaw, and Mousecoal to attend the gathering." Darkstorm happy that he was chosen but upset that Applepaw will still bother him either way.

Putting his frog into the fresh-kill pile he spotted Applepaw and woodpaw both showing icekit, wolfkit, and Lemurkit the hunters crouch. Icekit and wolfkit got it perfectly besides their tails swishing around but Lemurkit struggled with footing."

See the kits train like apprentices made Darkstorm proud to be part of ShadowClan. Darkstorm then sat by Frostpaw as he watched Raccoonclaw sharpen his claws on stones.

"You should try it sometimes Frostpaw it helps for when it's time for battle." Frostpaw looked at Darkstorm with a serious face. "I feel my claws dull when I rub them against the stones."

Darkstorm looked at Frostpaw's claws and saw they were naturally sharp. Now that he thought about it Applepaw, and woodpaw also had natural sharp claws.

"Well it's useful to have very sharp claws." Frostpaw nodded in agreement but kept silent. Darkstorm saw Morningstar padding out her den. "Cats of ShadowClan those who I called for the gathering we leave now."

Darkstorm nodded his goodbyes to Frostpaw and padded towards the group ready to leave. Chippedclaw nodded and soon Darkstorm was running through the forest nervous about the gathering.

Tonight was his first gathering as a warrior. He wanted the other clans to know that ShadowClan is growing with powerful warriors. As he followed Morningstar he fell behind to talk with woodpaw.

"So I assume your going to go talk with owlpaw." Darkstorm's mew was raspy. Woodpaw curled her lip and looked at Darkstorm with fury.

" it's not a problem just stop it Darkstorm and go look for that ThunderClan she cat." Woodpaw walked off angry. Darkstorm looked and saw they were at the stump.

Darkstorm jumped on and followed his clanmates before jumping off and ran towards the clearing to look for any cat he recognized. Darkstorm saw Morningstar and Chippedclaw both head to the Great Rock.

Padding around he spotted Applepaw talking with some apprentice, Woodpaw talking with owlpaw, and Mousecoal talking with hawkclaw.

Realizing with horror to see Mousecoal talking with her brother's killer. Darkstorm felt nervous to see how close they were. Assuming they must be trying to talk through it he sat next to Shrewleaf.

"Let the gathering begin." Darkstorm looked up to see Smallstar calling the start of the gathering. "If it's alright with the other leaders I would like to share ThunderClan news first."

The other leaders nodded in agreement and allowed Smallstar to speak. "ThunderClan is doing great despite leafbare and our medicine apprentice has become owleyes."

Darkstorm looked at owleyes and saw his yellow eyes glowing with pride. When owleyes spotted Darkstorm he glared at him with slits. Darkstorm shivered and continued listening to news.

"ThunderClan also has a few new warriors. Please welcome, Tigerlilly, rainboweyes, Longclaw, Deerfur, and Thornfur." Tigerlilly?

Darkstorm looked at ThunderClan's group and saw three silver pelts but one is pale. He spotted Tigerlilly's glowing eyes as she sat with pride. As the clans called all five names Smallstar waited for the clans to quiet down.

"A new litter of kits were born and we have three new apprentices. Bluepaw, greypaw, moonpaw, and silverpaw, couldn't attend but we want them to know the other clans are proud."

The clans cheered for the new apprentices and kits and soon fishstar went next. "Riverclan is doing well despite twoleg's taking over and fish is plentiful. We also have two new warriors. Welcome Bluesight, and Moonfall."

Darkstorm saw a beautiful white she cat with frosty blue eyes and a tom with splotches. Once the clan's finished calling the new warriors fishstar continued.

"We also have three new apprentices. Lonepaw, whitepaw, and wildpaw." The clans yowled the names with pride. Darkstorm saw the apprentices all looking embarrassed but recognize wildpaw.

It was the kit that he saw in the nursery during the invasion on riverclan. Poor kit probably very lonely. However Darkstorm didn't care and waited for windclan's news.

However adderflight took rabbitstar's place. "Cats of all clans rabbitstar has joined starclan and I take his place as adderstar with Squirrelface as my deputy."

The clans remained silent for the fallen leader and cheered for Adderstar. " we bring news of new apprentices and warriors." The clans kept quiet to hear about the news.

"Greyfur, Viperblood, skunkpelt, and Poppysong all proved to be amazing and earned their warrior names." The clans cheered with joy. "We also welcome the new apprentices, Meadowpaw, and lionpaw."

The clans all murmured with excitement. Morningstar went next with her nose held up high. "ShadowClan is doing well and we welcome new warriors. Beetleleap, Raccoonclaw, and Darkstorm all join us tonight as warriors."

The clans all cheered while Darkstorm felt pride burn inside him. Soon the leader's began to talk meaning the conversations can begin.

Padding to meet Tigerlilly he spotted her talking with what he assumed are her littermates. "Hey Tigerlilly." Tigerlilly stopped talking and saw Darkstorm before leaving her conversation with her littermates,

"Hello Darkstorm beautiful night." Darkstorm nodded and sat beside Tigerlilly. "So how are things going in your clan?" Tigerlilly sighed and smiled.

"Things are going well and leafbare is affecting us badly but we're doing ok." Darkstorm purred and began to figet his paws into the ground.

"Can we meet here again tomorrow?"