17: Parties & Blushing

Start from the beginning

Now I know that the boyfriend comment was for me.

My face set alight with rushing blood again. "I'm not thinking about him."

"You definitely are if you knew who I was talking about." Delilah completely ripped off the imaginary wall I was hiding behind as I dropped my bag and fell flat onto my bed.

Embarrassed.

"Don't know why I thought of him." I sighed while staring at the ceiling.

However, I did know why. It was because I did like him but it didn't make my claim a lie.

There was still something I didn't know and that was why I liked him.

"Because you have feelings for him, Tals." Camilla declared. "How many times do we have to tell you that it's absolutely okay?"

"Weird, isn't it?" Maeve dropped herself beside me on the bed.

"You should know," I smirked. "Because you're my future cousin-in-law."

"Whoa, whoa, don't put this on me," Maeve shook her head. "I know my feelings but you, my little lovebug, have no bloody clue."

God. But I did.

"So you definitely like Felix now?" I swerved the already-intimidating claims.

"Well, shit— She wasn't there when you told us." Camilla put her palm against her forehead.

"Ah— you're right, Tals, you saw nothing on the cros-country run." Delilah looked at me with questioning, catching a view of a blushing Maeve.

"Was this on my extra lap?" I puzzled while staring up at the faces looking down at me.

"It was." Maeve huffed in a fluster. "Christ, completely forgot to tell you— My bad."

"That you like him?" I smirked a little. "I knew that— It's okay."

Maeve rolled her eyes with a smile. "Of course you did." She laughed. "But you didn't see us having a the best fucking talk when we were running."

"Right— We were not running, Maeve." Delilah scrunched her face while shaking her head. "We were too bloody slow— It was a walk."

"Yeah, whatever shit we did, doesn't matter— I had a really good talk with Felix." Maeve ignored Delilah's correction. "Definitely liked him after that."

"Right, but then she told us like it was live breaking news the second he looked away," Camilla grumbled, peering over the top of my head making her appear upside down.

"But it is breaking news." Maeve looked at Camilla as we all shook our heads.

"Breaking news is news that nobody knew," Delilah explained. "We bloody knew you liked Felix."

Camilla looked back over my face. "And we know about Talia and Reece."

I immediately put my hands over my face to the recurrence of this conversation."No, no."