2: Drills

TALIA

"I can give Maeve's mum a ring to ask if she's here now if you want. Or I can call Felix?" Mum questioned as she pulled to the curb of the school's entrance.

"No, Mum, it's fine. Maeve's meeting me." I responded as I clicked my seatbelt off and opened the door. "See you— Love you."

"Love you too, pumpkin!" Mum beamed, leaving over to where I once sat to peek a closer look at me before I began walking, "Take care! Stay out trouble— Call me!"

I gave a reassuring nod and smile as I shut the door and waved. I knew for definite that if I didn't at least give her a glimmer of hope that I would call her every living hour of my day to tell her I'm alive, she'd probably never leave.

Luckily, I had already messaged Maeve to meet me near the entrance so now I just had to find her.

Standing here, I took a moment to look at the school. It looked like it was about four stories tall and probably even longer in width. The building looked aged yet grand in a castle sort of way. The windows were all arched and the roof had a turret-looking design with jagged rims. The entrance was an archway with gates that were open to welcome the students. Through the corridor, I could see a courtyard already full of students.

Leland had much fewer people than Aston & Pitt, it was much more put together too. The people looked like they all had their own business and probably had nepo-babies.

"Talia!" The voice of a familiar leggy redhead called at me. I jogged toward her before giving her a hug, "Thanks for being quick."

"Mate, I was convinced you went to the wrong school until I saw you two seconds ago." Maeve smiled, "Uniform suits you though. Much better than those Arse-ton and Shit scum."

"Hello? Vee? I was Arse-ton and Shit scum?" I dirty-looked jokingly as we walked through the corridor into the courtyard.

"I don't care— You should of never been there in the first place." Maeve joked with a big grin, completely justifying herself. "You belong here."

"With you poshos?" I laughed. "I'll pass."

"Says the daughter of a CEO." Maeve raised an eyebrow while jabbing her finger at me, which I couldn't help but shake my head at her time-old muses.

"I was just scum too you a second ago."

Maeve rolled her eyes humoursly before switching the subject. "Does Felix know you're here yet?"

"Nope. I'll probably find him later." I shrugged before snapping my head back to look at her, "I swear if this is about you fancying him again—"

"Talia— Oh my— Bollocks." Maeve hissed making me breaking out into giggles.

Maeve used to fancy Felix years ago but I was never bothered by it, instead I just made fun of her at every opportunity I could. It was even funnier when it was awkward with one of her friend's sisters dating Felix.

As our laughter died, the suddenly bell rings across the courtyard.

"What class have you got?" Maeve queried as she looked at me.

Bollocks.

I didn't have my bloody schedule. It completely slipped my mind. I was supposed to go to the main office for it but I completely forgot.