Chapter 85 Entry to Cui Mansion

Beginne am Anfang

"We are all proper relatives, why is it so complicated? Just bring him back immediately." Cui Xijun said, "Don't worry, Cousin. I will go back with you, no one will dare to gossip."

Xie Miao shied away, "My cousin has other important matters——"

"It's not too late to wait until we get to Cui Mansion." Meng Yuantang readily went along with the flow, and said sincerely: "As a junior, I should visit Aunt Xie as soon as possible."

Now that things have come to this, Xie Miao can only agree. If she refuses again, it may arouse even more suspicion.

Before leaving the alley, Meng Yuantang took advantage of others not paying attention and whispered to Xie Miao: "Don't worry, little A-Miao. I will go to Cui Mansion to broaden my horizons and I will never talk nonsense."

*

On the way back, Fu Lu burst into tears and blamed herself, "Miss, I'm a useless servant. I can't stop Third Miss and Miss Su..."

Ai.

Xie Miao said: "It has nothing to do with you."

To be honest, it was God's will that could not be violated. Even though she was fully prepared, Meng Yuantang's trajectory into the Cui Mansion was not disrupted.

It's okay, it's just more troublesome than planned.

She leaned against the wall of the carriage. She casually took out the pillow and hugged it in her arms. She stroked the embroidered pattern with her fingertips and said lazily: "Have you ever heard a phrase?"

Fu Lu asked: "What phrase?"

"When a boat reaches the bridge, it will be straight, and when a carriage reaches the mountain, there will be a road." She said, "Don't be afraid, your family's young lady can handle it."

If you have nothing to think about, you will naturally have nothing to fear.

Meng Yuantang is confident and thought he had a firm hold on her. However, he doesn't know that she is pretending to be a pig and eating the tiger. She wants to wipe him clean.

The show is about to begin.

*

Meng Yuantang swaggered into Cui Mansion as a guest.

Cui Xijun asked him to wait in the front hall, and then sent her maid to report that Madam Xie has a distant relative visiting.

While waiting, Meng Yuantang held a teacup in his hand, appearing to be drinking tea, but in fact he was observing the surroundings calmly.

The hall is open, bright, comfortable and elegant. There is a complete set of cypress wood carved furniture, Gu Kaizhi's original painting "Lake Pavilion Qingxia Picture" hangs in the middle hall, and the tea set is made of smooth and fat Ru kiln sky celadon, which looks plain but is actually valuable.

Besides, after entering the Mansion, the dazzling array of pavilions, lake pavilions, and majestic mountains and rocks, although they are not magnificent, are everywhere showing the accumulation of the aristocratic family in the long river of time.

Even the servants sweeping the paths were all decent-looking, well-dressed, and respectful in their behaviour.

Meng Yuantang was secretly speechless.

He had long heard that Xie Miao's aunt married into an official family in the capital, but he never thought that she would be from such a prestigious family...

This trip was not in vain.

He secretly curled his lips, his excitement fleeting, and returned to his calm and virtuous appearance.