Chapter 84 Courage from within

Start from the beginning

"Miss." She choked and asked, "Aren't you afraid?"

Xie Miao said: "Not afraid."

"Are you really not afraid?"

Xie Miao smiled silently, "En, I'm really not afraid."

She has lived two lives. She has had a marriage that appeared to be harmonious but, in fact, was of two hearts. She witnessed the destruction of a family that had been officials for generations, and she experienced the life and death of being chased and killed.

In the twenty-five years of her previous life, before the age of twenty, she was still immature, would be afraid, panicked, and would place her hopes on others. But in the days that followed, she gradually realized that the so-called courage should not be obtained from others, but should be cultivated from within.

Only by breaking out of the cocoon can we redeem ourselves.

She is no longer afraid of Meng Yuantang. He is just one of the thousands of scum in the world. Fear is the nutrient that breeds his malice. Only by resisting firmly and fearlessly can she tear apart his hypocritical mask and crush his despicable and greedy desires.

She took Fu Lu into her arms and said softly: "Fu Lu, believe me. He is not as omnipotent as you think, and we are far stronger than we think."

Outside the window, the dawn breaks through the shackles of darkness, becoming a wonderful prelude before dawn. All pain will eventually turn into courage, becoming a lamp in the night, a tower in the deep sea, and a star board during a long voyage.

Have faith that if you keep going, you will find a way out.

*

The next day, Xie Miao was uncharacteristically dressed up and went out with only Fu Lu.

According to the trajectory of her previous life, Meng Yuantang would squat at the gate of Cui Mansion for several days. When he saw Wang Da driving out, he followed them all the way to the Xiangfen Shop.

Later, he pretended to be a customer and "encountered" her by chance in the shop. Many years later, she saw him unexpectedly. After panicking, her only reaction was to run away.

Escape from his sight, escape back to Cui Mansion, escape to her aunt!

Unexpectedly, Meng Yuantang would shamelessly go to the Cui Mansion and ask to see Madam Xie, claiming that he was doing business in the capital and visiting Xie Miao. However, Madam Xie did not know the secret of that year and actually let him stay in the Cui Mansion as a guest.

Meng Yuantang knew that Xie Miao did not dare to tell of the past events, so he used this as a lever to blackmail Xie Miao at every turn to satisfy his various demands.

Meng Yuantang does not seek sex this time, only money.

Three years ago, he was led into a ditch by a bad friend. He became addicted to gambling and buying lottery tickets, and soon ruined all the Meng family's property. Then, he suddenly remembered that Xie Miao's aunt married into an official family in the capital. Presumably, Xie Miao must have followed suit, a rising tide lifts all boats...

He went to the capital after all the troubles and easily found out that the family into which Xie Miao's aunt married was the leading official family in the capital!

Very good.

He was overjoyed and daring. He used the past to manipulate Xie Miao under the nose of Madam Xie. And Xie Miao – was only sixteen years old in the previous life. She dreamt of marrying Cui Muli, and dreamt of integrating into the Cui Mansion. She had no choice and chose to compromise.