3.11

⎯⎯ ୨ 3.11: remember how i'd fly to you? ୧ ⎯⎯

AT SOME POINT DURING THE JOURNEY, she found herself in a fight against seasickness. at first, it was just a subtle discomfort, one of which would fade as the day progressed. but as days turned into weeks and weeks into months, the relentless sway of the ship began to wear on her, only increasing with each passing day.

it certainly didn't help matters that she had frequent nightmares. she could usually tell herself that it was simply a nightmare and it wasn't real, but sometimes it was just too intense that her brain would be immersed they didn't affect her mentally as much, but combined with vomiting and constant migraines, it was definitely having a toll on her. so much so that it would interrupt her nightmares. she kept a brown paper bag at her side every time, and with each time she vomited, she would find some relief, even if for only a brief moment.

and when the fateful day came, the day she had dreaded for so long, yet anticipated, she found such relish in the thought that, her best friend would be coming to join them on that day. 

of course, it wasn't a guarantee. meghan had known melanie for years, yet she never really knew how to read the daughter of hera. melanie was bipolar, after all. she couldn't tell where her loyalties lied. 

she had, of course, gone through the plan multiple times with luke. they knew thalia grace was coming, which was, shocking to say the least. although she didn't know thalia personally, she still remembered that day all those years ago when the daughter of zeus transformed into a pine tree.

annabeth was also waiting for them at the mountain, held captive by atlas. sure, meghan didn't like how shit was being done, but it was being done for the right reasons. to get her friends within the grasps of her hands so she could have them back. she and luke never really cared much about annabeth during the plan. they both knew how she operated, and they both knew how much she cared about the both of them ... and melanie, which made getting the daughter of hera on their side even more important.

if melanie refused to join them, what would happen? was she ready to fight her? meghan had no doubt in her mind she could beat melanie in 1-on-1 combat, especially with her bow and arrow, and especially with her new powers that she was still working on perfecting. but was she willing to hurt her? her best friend? melanie was like a little sister to her. how was she supposed to fight her?

and luke. oh, gods, luke. ever since he came back from that stint in dc, he worried her. a lot. his complexion had gotten paler, he had lost several pounds, and it just looked like he was sick. very sick. and whenever he talked, it was like somebody was clenching their first around her heart. it was painful. and they didn't talk much besides about the plan, and he would always be at that stupid kronos sarcophagus room. and whenever she asked about him, he would shut her out. there was reason to believe that he was okay, like when he was practicing his swordplay against some other demigods, but she just didn't know. they had known each other they're entire lives, and she knew how to read him. she just didn't know if he was okay. she hated it.