1.9

⎯⎯ ୨ 1.9: but shit hurt bad, that i'm letting go quick  ୧ ⎯⎯

MELANIE WOULD LIKE to say that she understood what the fuck was going on. she couldn't.

really, it was all a blur. it just happened so fast.

she recalled the memory: percy had just been disarmed with ease, dying from poison, and had leaped from the arch down to the mississippi river. since he was a son of poseidon, he would (hopefully) have no problems with surviving. the water might even heal him quickly like when he stood in the lake back at camp half-blood during capture the flag. that seemed like eons ago.

now, as the the chimera blew fire at her, all she could feel was anger. anger for.. everything that's happened so far on the quest, anger for her parents, anger for everything in her entire life. but one thing at a time. she simply dodged the fire, rolling on the ground into a kneeling position, and stood up quickly.

however they lashed out quickly. the chimera blew yet another column of fire on her, and this time she was not so lucky. she ducked yet again, but she could feel the searing hot of the fire across her face, and a small burning sensation on the top of her hair. now her hair was going to be fucked for the next week or so. great!

echidna seemed to be fascinated by the fight between her and her child, as she stood on the side of the arch yelling fighting compliments to her son, and insults to melanie, which only ticked her off even more.

and then, the chimera feigned to shoot her with another column of fire. what melanie didn't expect was for the monster to whip his tail around, right across her feet, causing her to trip on the floor. and, yeah. the pain in her ankle, now ankles, were present yet again.

and this time, her rage did really explode.

she yelled at the top of her lungs.

and then, she blacked out.

awesome!