Chapter 8

Readers pov

"So you went scout out for orbs but it seems your luck has ran out." I said going in a stance. "Maybe but we'll see if you can catch me." Sally said disappearing. I looked around searching for her as I looked from behind as I saw her coming in as I dodged. 'She'll probably try to tire me out to find her chance to escape.' I thought to myself as she went for another attack as I blocked it pushing her off me. "Fast you are but let's see you dodge this HOLY DRAGON ROAR." I said unleashing it as she quick dodged. "A laser." She said as I directed it as she kept running only for it to leave a Smokey after effect. I let the smoke slowly disappear seeing that I can't feel sally's appearence. 'Seems she used my attack as an escape tool no matter I'm sure I'll be able to use it when the time comes.' I thought to myself going off to find more orbs to take.

Sally's pov

I was running back to base with the orbs I've collected. 'That was no monster this is the first time I've faced what Blake's power could be. Even so I'm sure maple could have a strategy when she faces Blake.' I said to myself entering back into the cave. "Sally welcome back." Maple said. "Anything you found." Chrome said. "Other than gathering orbs yes." I said. "What else did you find." Kasumi said. "Other than Flame emperors and order of holy sword the shinryu guild might also pose a threat in this event. I just had an encounter with Blake and only saw one of the elemental style she has." I said. "Elemental style." Kasumi said. "She possess the elemental dragon style but we don't know what else she possess. We also have to preserve maples trump cards with out any of the other guilds knowing." I said. "Then let me go get some orbs as well." Maple said. "Maple." I said as she took Mai and Yui with her.

"Think she might pull something brash." Kasumi said. "It's maple I know she has a plan in mind." I said going out to collect more orbs.

Readers pov

I came back to base with five orbs in hand knowing that Holy sword and Flame emperors have a good number of them. "Hey guys." I said. "Blake you came back." Aki said. "How did it go." I said depositing some orbs. "We were able to take out some guild who tried stealing the orb but seems there were some intel gatherers which Leo and Aki took care of." Mash said. "Mm good work it's best we prep if holy sword or flame emperors try to invade for the orb." I said. "Seems your preserving the skill." Kaoru said as I nodded whether it be against mii or Payne even maple. "Even so I know maple has cards up her sleeve as well." I said looking at them. "This next expedition Aki and Akame your coming with me. Kurome I need you to stay back to bolster defense. I'm sure Jun already headed out to gather more orbs." I said looking at our placement. "We're placed in the top 10." Reina said seeing we are in 7th not far behind the sixth rank.

I nodded and look back Akame and Aki. "Let's go." I said. The three of us left the base. "Where are we going." Aki said. "We're gonna hit the flame emperors base." I said looking at the two. "Is t it a bit risky to go for a big guilds orb." Aki said. "Even so it might catapult or rank." Akame said. We soon made it to the field presuming this is where the flame emperors base is though there are traps. "Must be an expert." Akame said. "Even so I can burn them." I said. "Scorch." I said buffing the three of us walking through the traps burning off. We kept walking up until we saw the the trio of the flame emperors and maple tree. "Shinryu guild." Marx said. "Seems I get to face two of the strongest leaders." I said pounding my fists together.

"Let's get this party started FIRE DRAGON ROAR." I said blasting it at maple seeing it completely disappear. 'It must that angel form.' I thought to myself. "Snare." I look to see Marx throw a talisman making roots appear. "Scorch." I said burning the roots from use. "Inferno." Mii said as it was shot at me and maple but.

(Think of it being absorbed)

"She absorbed the flame." Marx said shock. "Is that even possible." Misery said. "Thanks for the snack I'm fired up." I said seeing it restored a little mana. "Hydra." Maple said as I dodged her hydra. "That circle is gonna be a problem." Akame said. "I'm sure it scales with her defense." I said. "Should I use it." I whispered to Akame and Aki as the two shook their heads. I watch seeing Mii hit maple pushing her back with the flame shots.

Mii pov

"Mii what should we do." Misery said looking at me. "We're at a stalemate seeing that the shinryu's leader can absorb my flames. But if she can only absorb a certain amount then I should use it." I said chanting my flame prison releasing it.

"It should stall them for now." I said seeing them in the prison. "Seems I'm gonna have to use it." I look to see maple in something bizzare . "What is that." Marx said. "A freaking mech." The shinryu leader said. I watch it shoot destroying members left and right. "The shinryu leader is gone." A member said as I look. "What she's out of the prison." I said. "Yahoo." She said as I saw her. "It's a nice trick but you made me more powerful." She said. "We've got no choice but to retreat." I said using flare accel to get us out. "Not in chance." Maple said seeing her charge a blast seeing misery cast a last spell getting me to survive the blast.

"Akame, Aki I suggest you two to go fetch orbs somewhere else." The leader said as the two left. 'I know I can't take both of them on I'll take one of them with me.' I thought to myself running at maple jumping on top of her. "SELF DESTRUCT!!!" I used my ability to explode me and maple.

Maple pov

I climbed out of the smoke seeing that I wasn't expected seeing Blake stand before me. "Seems we can have our battle maple." She said. "Blake." I said since this is the first time we face. 'If I use the machine god I can get her for sure.' I thought to myself.

She chuckled as the x's in her eyes shined revealing a domain and a new form.

"Red spider

"Red spider." She said. 'This is something I should keep my toes.' I thought to myself as she threw her scythe as I blocked it the amount of pressure as I threw it back. I saw six puddles as she slams down as I dodge the lances with the movement of the machine god. 'I've got to finish this quick.' I said to myself firing my armaments seeing parts crack. "I won't let you." Blake said throwing her scythe at me as I saw six talons come at me as I jumped as I charged my shot firing at Blake seeing the domain shatter seeing that I have defeated her.

Readers pov

I spawned in the forest seeing that my defeat to maple was imminent that new form of hers the firepower it pack. 'Seems I'm gonna have to find a way to beat that as well. You've grown strong maple.' I said to my self as I got a message from Jun. I then ran back to base seeing that we accumulated a good amount of orbs but me as a leader I've gained none.

I messaged him back imma gonna go orb hunting. I looked back at the sky whether it be maple tree, holy sword, or flame emperors I will get stronger as I walked into the forest to destroy the small guilds.