Chapter 7

-In the real world-

Readers pov

'Man that third event was insane but we were able to place in top ten.' I thought to myself. "(Y/n)." Rena said coming into my room. "Yeah Rena." I said standing up. "One of the developers of the game is here and wanted to ask some questions." Rena said. "Ok let me change." I said changing into some shorts and an oversized hoodie. I walked down the stairs and into the living room seeing one of the developers of the game. "Ahh Ms (L/n) it's great to see you I'm Fuyuki Nakamura one of the developers of NWO. I was gonna ask how your experience with our game is." Fuyuki said.

"My experience with the game is fun a good challenge of bosses from my experience. I've also seen buzz about maple being put around the forums and my name as well." I said looking at him. "That is mostly because we don't want the game to underwhelming in content and unfair to players." Fuyuki said. "Though I understand players feedback is a good thing along with how many hours developers try to fix major things with the game." I said. "I also have a question regarding one of the skills I've obtained the flaming butterfly which changed my appearance." I said. "Yes I knew that was gonna be brought up." Fuyuki said. "That skill was merely an appearance change it's actually more of a transformation skill." He said. "Transformation skill." I said. "Yes that flask you drank was only the beginning your stats are able to activate the transformation. I had to adjust it as right when you got off last night." Fuyuki said. "Then can I test the skill." I said. "Yes that is why I came here to observe and see if need to make any changes." Fuyuki said holding a headset of his own. "Then I'll meet you in the game world." I said going up stairs running into her room to put her headset on.

-in the game world-

Third person pov

Blake spawned in checking her friends list seeing everyone on but for now she wanted to test this new skill the developer adjusted. She received a message under the player name Fuyu where it told her to meet at the desert fields. She soon traveled from the town to the desert fields.

She soon arrived to see fuyu the one who messaged her. "Blake." Fuyu said. "I'm ready to test this skill." She said. "I've also forgot to mention the name flaming butterfly is the appearance change the skill is known as the red spider." Fuyu said. "Red spider." She said. "Yes now try it out." Fuyu said as Blake walked towards the open field. "Red spider." She activated the skill being wrapped in red silk soon bursting out revealing the new form.

" She activated the skill being wrapped in red silk soon bursting out revealing the new form

"So this is the red spiders form." Blake said looking at it. "You have access to its abilities as well." He said as she tried it out as she shoots multiple projectiles from the wings eliminating most of the mobs in the area. Seeing more mobs spawn she then shot six orbs on the ground seeing it sink to parts of the area. She tried a slam which resulted in the puddles reacting like spikes taking out mobs.

"This power is amazing." She said undoing the transformation. "In that form you are restricted into those abilities only. You can use the red silk to bind enemies slowing them down. There's more in their since what you did is just the surface." Fuyu said as she nodded.

-At the Shinryu guild-

It was the time for the fourth event as the members of the shinryu guild were getting ready. "How do you think we'll do in this event." Aki said looking at everyone. "The event spans five days in game two hours real time." Jun said. "So we'll have to gather as much orbs as we can for this event. But (y/n) you wanted to talk to us about something." Kaoru said. "Yeah remember that flask I drank Kaoru." Blake said. "Yea." He said. "It was a cover up name to a skill but I can only use it twice a day after the second use I have to wait the next day." She said. "What kind of skill is it." Mash said. "It's a transformation skill known as red spider but it restricts me to specific abilities in that form which means I can't use my dragon or any other abilities while in the form." Blake said.

"I would suggest using it as a trump card we don't want any of the guilds knowing it so quickly that they can counter it." Akame said. "Also knowing our guild size we'll probably get an average size area to defend compared to larger and smaller guilds." Blake said as the notification popped on everyone's screens showing the fourth event has begun.

Readers pov

All of us were teleported to an area not too big nor small and our orb at the center. "So what's the plan." Kaoru said. "I would suggest four people go for orbs while the others set up defenses. It'll be me, Akame, kurome and Jun out on the front. Mash, Kaoru, Reina and Leo at home base." I said. "May I suggest that I can do recon and acquire orbs faster." Jun said. "I was gonna get to that since you have the highest agility I was gonna suggest you go solo while me, Akame, and kurome cause our own chaos." I said. "Yes since your class is more of a solo style." Kurome said.

"Then I won't fail." Jun said walking out. "I would suggest setting traps as well." I said. "Don't worry we got this in the bag." Kaoru said as I watch Leo summon a creature. "Whoa when did you learn that." I said looking at Leo. "I've had it when I started playing but I can only do creatures tuned to my level." Leo said. "Well then let's cause some chaos ladies." I said as Akame and Kurome nodded.

Third person pov

The fourth event was in full swing as guilds were stealing orbs left and right from each other. Meanwhile with Kaoru and the other members their defense seemed to be a bit strong against those trying to invade.

Meanwhile with the guild order of the holy sword Dreg and Payne. "We've sent Frederica to get intel on both maple tree and flame emperors but there is no information about the shinryu guild."Drag said. "Time will do tell Drag we'll see what happens." Payne said look at the orbs on the ground picking them up. "We should take these back to base." Payne said as he and Drag took the orbs back to base. With kurome, Akame, and Blake the three of them were decimating the smaller guilds with kurome's yatsufusa puppets. "I'll say this helps with crowd control when going up against flame emperors or order of holy sword." Blake said as the area was cleared. "We've collected a total of twenty orbs. I suggest returning to base for now." Akame said as the two nodded not until Blake felt a flash of speed. "Seems you came to play sally. You two take the orbs back to base I'll deal with this one." Blake said as the siblings ran with the orbs sally tried to stop them but was blocked by Blake. "Let's dance Sally." Blake said knowing this will be a fight sally will have to take.