Episode 11: a trap has triggered

It's been three days since Kaworu was turned into a puddle of goo due to his injury from fighting an intelligent robot, and the warehouse area has been repurposed into a temporary village so a population of thirty eight can live there. Kenichi has been doing his job of training a small group of volunteers the ways of physical combat and psychic powers in order to keep the peace, while Yoshino is busy repairing the robotic suit prototype along with the undersuit. She used some of the remains of the robot that Kenichi had defeated to upgrade the robotic suit, and used the rest to make a new robotic suit. At least she doesn't work alone, since one woman and one man that were once scientists have worked with her while giving her tips of advice. But at the same time, she couldn't stop thinking about Kaworu and worries if he never emerged from his puddle.

Kenichi enters the warehouse laboratory, finished training the volunteers and feeling exhausted. He grabbed a piece of cloth and wiped the sweat from his face, but he saw bubbles coming from the puddle that was once Kaworu.

"Hey Yoshino! You might want to look at this!" He called.

"What is it, Kenichi? Something the matter?" She asked, walking to where Kenichi is at.

He points at the puddle, and much to her surprise, it was bubbling. An arm emerged from the puddle and the rest of Kaworu emerges, gasping for air. Both Kenichi and Yoshino were astonished, yet felt relief that he regained his physical body again. Yoshino' eyes welled up with tears, before running towards Kaworu and hugged his slimy body.

"Whoa! Yoshino, what's going on?" Asked Kaworu.

"I was worried about you! I thought it'll talk forever for you to regain your physical body, yet here you are!" She exclaimed, trying not to cry on him.

Kaworu gathered strength in his arms, and pulled himself out of the puddle. He stood there dripping with pinkish red goo and is naked, which caused the two of them to blush. Kenichi walked away and came back with a pile of his clothes in hand, so the boy can put on.

"Thank you, Kenichi" said Kaworu.

"It was nothing, but you ought to take a shower first before putting on your clothes" said Kenichi.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you're dripping with pinkish red goo, and that stuff will harden" Kenichi explained.

Kaworu placed his hand on his face in embarrassment, and so he had to walk over to the shower area. Yoshino cleaned the floor from where Kaworu emerged from his puddle, by using a mop.

*boom!*

There was an explosion coming from behind the building, and there were panicked voices coming from outside.

"What was that!?" Asked Yoshino, feeling scared.

"Whatever it is, it's serious. You stay with Kaworu, while I go and investigate" said Kenichi.

"Just wait until Kaworu finishes cleaning up, because I finished the robotic suit and upgraded it. That way, you two can fight whatever is causing trouble" she said, concerned.

He didn't reply, before running straight to the exit. Once he exits the warehouse laboratory, he sees two familiar faces creating explosions by using small robots.

"Kotatsu! Midoriko yuki!" He growled, before turning his arms into wings and fly upwards.

"Ah, there's our younger brother! We've trailed you, and figured we might use some toys to keep you from running away again" said Kotatsu, in a condescending tone.

"Yes, but why attack here in the warehouse area? There are innocent people here, and what you're doing is cowardly!" He called out.

"Oh spare us the lecture, we had to attack here to draw you out. I guess it works" said Kotatsu with a smug.

"But I do think that we might over done this, after all, we need the humans alive to fuel our robots" said Midoriko.

Kenichi grits his teeth in anger, since it's obvious that his two siblings never cared about mankind other than their own goals. He knows that there's small robotic drones that fly around them, creating an energy barrier to keep him from attacking them.

"Just give up, Kenichi. There's no way you can win against our barrier" said Midoriko.

"Oh yeah!? Then why don't you face me without that fancy robots on you!? At least use your powers or something!" He questioned.

"That's exactly what we'll do!" Kotatsu responded gleefully.

Midoriko conjures a hand made of pinkish red goo, and sent it flying towards Kenichi.

*pow!*

It punched him in the face, but it dealt minimal damage. However, it served as a distraction so Kotatsu sends his robotic drones to electrocute him. Kenichi grunts in pain as the robotic drones covered him and electrocute him, until he falls to the ground. Weakened, he tries to get up, only to be kicked in the stomach by kotatsu.

"How does it feel to refuse our unity!?" Laughed Kotatsu.

"Unity...? You take of unity.... you represent the desire for order, but what you're doing... is causing chaos...!" Kenichi groaned.

"Please, come with us. Join us so we can be whole again, back to being the Lord of order!" Said Midoriko, in a worried tone.

"I..." Kenichi tried to talk, but struggles to stay conscious.

"Lord of order my ass! That bastard was the one who caused this apocalypse, so why would Kenichi join you if he will lose his individuality!?" A male voice called out.

"Who said that!?" Questioned Kotatsu furiously.

In the sky was a familiar robotic exosuit, from which Kenichi immediately recognized as Kaworu.

"Says me, smart ass!" Kaworu answered in a sassy tone.

Without hesitation, Kaworu flew straight towards Kotatsu and punched him in the face. Midoriko glared at Kaworu, feeling that this is the first time she got angry. Then she conjured numerous hands made from pinkish red goo to attack him, but they were all disabled by his psychic pulse. Her eyes widen from surprise, since she didn't know a human can do that. She had to get Kotatsu into doing something, but Kaworu used his psychic powers to make them feel nauseous.

"Yeah, who's a badass?" Said Kaworu as he smirked.

"A human fighting back... against the likes of us!? No... we must fall back!" Said Midoriko as she felt shaken.

"I refuse, we must fight back too!" Growled Kotatsu.

He called forth the robotic drones to attack, only to watch as they get deactivated by Kaworu's psychic power. Midoriko had to turn her arms into wings, grab on to Kotatsu, and flew away.

"We'll get you two! This isn't the last you see from us, mark my words!" Kotatsu called out.

"Kenichi, are you all right?" Asked Kaworu.

"Yeah, but the electricity had drained my strength. It should come back within an hour" replied Kenichi.