Episode 7: revelations

"Kaworu? Kaworu! Are you there?" Asked the voice of Yoshino coming from the communications cap.

"Yeah, I'm still alive and I am in the research tech lab" answered Kaworu.

"I've been trying to reach you, but signals been blocked all of a sudden. What happened?" She asked.

Kaworu explained to her of how he was chased by a robot that's been trying to kill him, how he met Kenichi who had destroyed the robot, and what he had found.

"Hmm... It seems that a piles of suspicious clothing next to the two puddles were once worn by the elites of an organization called O. R. O. C. H. I, not to mention your new friend has emerged from a puddle of a different color than the common pinkish red goo seen everywhere. I suspect some form of connection of the two, but I'm not too sure if your new friend is-" before she can finish, an interference caused the communication to stop.

"Yoshino? What's going on!? Answer!" He asked in a desperate tone.

No reply, whatever is causing the interference must be electronic or some kind of psychic power.

"Um, Kaworu? Is everything ok?" Asked Kenichi.

"Yeah, got an interference from my communications cap given to me by this girl named Yoshino" he replied.

"Oho? Is she your girlfriend?" Asked Kenichi, smiling while rubbing his chin.

Kaworu blushed, trying to answer no, but he stuttered and stammered.

"It's ok, I understand. I'll keep away from her, seeing that I'm the only adult and you two are teenagers" said Kenichi.

Kaworu placed his hand on his face and shook his head, seeing it's no use of arguing with the red haired man. Then he uses telepathy on the puddle remains of the scientist, to find the answer as to what caused the apocalypse. Unfortunately, all he can hear is unintelligible gibberish and insane laughter from the puddle. He uses telepathy on another puddle that was once a high ranking member, just to see if that member is still sane enough to speak.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" He asked through telepathy.

"Yes... I can hear you fine" said a male voice coming from the puddle with the robe and mask.

"Who are you? And how did the apocalypse started?" He asked through telepathy.

"Ah... Yes. It seems we were the ones... who had caused the apocalypse. We, the organization O. R. O. C. H. I, were but government elites who wanted to bring absolute order to the world through our savior. To do that: we had scientists and engineers build a portal device that summons our lord from another dimension, and use him to bring forth an age of order as we rule the world. But the deities body wasn't stable within our world's atmosphere, and released a wave of energy that turned every human being on earth into goo. To answer your other question, my name is Kumotatsu. Former head priest of O. R. O. C. H. I" explained the male voice from the puddle.

Kaworu bared his teeth in anger, and stomped his bare foot. Now knowing what had caused the apocalypse, and who was responsible.

"You and your organization were but madmen who planned this shit! Haven't you even realized what you had done!? That wave have turned my mom and sister into goo, robbing me of my old life! All for what!? "Absolute order as we rule the world"? Bullshit!! That plan of yours was stupid from the get go, and you and that insane scientist pal of yours are but mad cultists!!" He shouted in fury.

"Yes, yes. I apologize for all for what you went through, my blind faith and devotion is to blame. I thought that the lord would help out in our plan, not explode and turned everyone into goo. This plan was nothing more than delusions of grandeur, insane rantings from the higher ups of our organization. Every second, and every year I came to regret our plan and my blind faith in our savior. I must apologize, but I fear it won't be enough" explained Kumotatsu, feeling regret.

"Well, that should clear things up. The scientists from the second floor below here have emerged from their puddles, and I think that they won't be happy to hear this. If you emerged from your puddle, you would apologize to them and all who had been melted into goo. As for that scientist pal of yours, this is enough karma that I won't scoop him and put him into a capsule to see how he likes it" he said, calming down.

"I fear you're right, none of the scientists would be happy upon hearing this" said Kumotatsu

"What about me? I don't even remember my old identity, not to mention the fact that I can regenerate my wounds" questioned Kenichi, through telepathy.

"Sorry, Kenichi. But I don't think this guy has any answers, we should leave this place. Should this guy emerged from his puddle, there would be a lot for him to apologize" he apologized.

Kenichi nodded, before leaving the meeting room. Kaworu followed afterwards, still feeling angry for what the organization had done to the people. Upon reaching the lobby, he went into his robotic suit and it closed so he can wear it. The duo exit through the main entrance of the building, and Kenichi shielded his eyes from the brightness of the outside world until they adjust. He was amazed to see what the outside world looked like, as there's a sea of pinkish red goo and some buildings that were half submerged south from here.

"Amazing, isn't it? Of course, I was very shocked to see it after emerging from my puddle" said Kaworu.

"Yeah, it looks rather... beautiful. The sky is blue compared to the color of the area, even some buildings are sticking out of the pinkish red goo" remarked Kenichi, feeling astonished.

Kenichi pointed at some half submerged buildings, but he watched as his arm slowly turns into a wing with red feathers. At first he was horrified, until he saw that his arm turned back to normal. He tested out both arms, seeing that he can morph them into wings and back to normal at will. He started to questioned himself if he was ever human, but he knows that he now has useful abilities.

"I'll have to go back to the warehouse, it's up to you if you want to come live with me or go about your life" Kaworu offered.

"I'll have to think on it, as there are questions of what exactly am I and who I really am. I just need some time for me to think, before going over to your place" said Kenichi.

Kaworu watched as the man's arms morphed into feathered wings, before flying away by flapping them.

"What a weirdo, but at least he's my friend" he said to himself.

He activated the rocket boots, and flew south towards his destination of the warehouses.