Chapter 10

I wake up with a jerk, sweating and gasping for air

My heart was pounding in my chest, and my thoughts jumbled. It took me a moment to realise I had been dreaming.

A Nightmare, to be exact.

I lay there in bed, trying to calm myself down. The dream had felt so real, so vivid. I could still see the images in my mind's eye, and hear the sounds of the people who terrified me in my dreams.

"This will make you behave properly" he sneered

"Please, don't. I am sorry." I whimper out as I feel another kick on my leg.

The room was dark, extremely dark, with no windows and two chains connected to the walls in the far corner, opposite to each other.

This was their 'fun' room, bringing us here to be used as a punching bag gave them a sick satisfaction. 

I might be young, but even I know this doesn't seem right, we are not supposed to be chained to these walls and beaten up.

The man, whose face I can't see keeps throwing nasty comments at me and stops when we hear the door of the room open, with the little light that enters the room, I see a boy being dragged inside.

I have seen him.

It takes me some time to remember his name.

Jacob.

The lady drags him to the other wall and chains him there. 

He doesn't protest.

He doesn't protest when they chain him like a criminal.

He doesn't protest when they start beating him up.

And He remains silent after they have left.

Suddenly a wince escapes my mouth when I try to move. My body hurts.

"Hello" I hear a boyish voice

"H-hi" I rasp out. My throat is chalky. I have been here for two days, and have been given only one glass of water till now.

"Who are you?" he whispers, probably scared they will hear him. 

"A-Asena" 

"What's your age?" I ask since I already know his name.

"I am thirteen, what's your age?" he mumbles. 

"ten" I choke out.

I snap out of the memory when I hear my alarm clock ringing. 

I shake my head to not re-live those memories and start getting ready for the day.

I take a long, hot shower to calm myself down and relax and exit the shower in a towel, standing in front of the mirror I start to do my skincare.

Need to keep the skin healthy.

After getting done with everything, I wear a white full-sleeved shirt along with a black crop sweater on top and wide-legged denims and finally a light blue bow to match my outfit. 

I exit the room to prepare some toast and tea for myself. 

Checking through my phone, I quickly reply to the good morning message Ro sent me.

It's been three days since he left for London and as much as I don't want to, I miss meeting him during the lunch break.

I quickly clean everything up and leave for work after making sure that the locks are in place.

~~~~

I was working on the bill counter when I felt someone's shadow loom over me making me glance up at the person.

"Hello sir, what would you like to have" I ask politely

"your number" He answers smugly, his eyes raking my form.

Excuse me?

"No" any signs of a smile vanishing from my face

Who does he think he is?

"Come on, I am only asking for your number, we could get dinner together" he smiles wickedly "and have some fun" he adds trying to touch my arm before his arm is grabbed.

"I think she said No already, if you don't want to order I would like you to leave. Thank you" Jake spits out angrily, his eyes reflecting anger and disgust as he looks at the man.

Jake is a tall guy, almost 6'1 and has curly hair, brown eyes and brown hair, his left arm is decorated with tattoos, and no one could tell he was a nineteen year old by looking at him. He can be really intimidating too.

"Dude, I am talking to the girl you don't need to interfere in it, it's none of your business" the man, asshole, sputters.

"I will show you what my business is really soon" Jake says, a weird kind of smile on his face as he jerks his arm backward.

The asshole, cradles his arm that now has hard fingerprints on it from where Jake grabbed him.

"Leave" and I have never seen someone run faster than that ever before. 

"Thank you" I say to Jake for helping me even when he didn't need to.

He quickly pockets his phone after typing something on it furiously.

"Anytime" he winks and smiles before going back to his work.

 He is a really good person, and is studying law. He likes to joke and sometimes very childlike, we have formed a nice bond with each other in the past few days and I can now say he is my friend, he even got me some shake yesterday during lunch, I declined of course but his continuous insistence made me accept the drink.

Like right now he is slightly dancing while making the coffee.

I see many people entering the shop and again start my work. It's gonna be a long day.

I can't wait for the day to be over and go to sleep.

~~~

word count - 881

A little surprise short update.

I wanted to show Some of Asena's past through this and I hope I was successful.

I will begin posting regularly in a week or two. Thank you for your patience.

Also  if you are a silent reader, please the least you can do is vote, I would really appreciate it.

Whose POV do you want next?

DO VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT.