Chapter 5

We enter the restaurant, and my face heating up when I look at our intertwined hands, I look up to see Roman looking straight ahead with a small smile on his face

We reach the reception and are greeted by a lady maybe in her early thirties, she looks at Roman and smiles.

"good afternoon Mr. Krutz"

Roman just nods his head as a sign of courtesy and says "Mrs Woods, I would like to have a table for two"

I watch around the place and see many people looking at Roman and me, and our intertwined hands, because of which I start to feel conscious. I was never the one to be comfortable being the centre of attention, I think that Roman felt my nervousness because his thumb started tracing patterns on the back of my hand to calm my nervousness.

I tug his coat sleeve with my other hand, and he bends down to my level, helping me talk to him without the height difference

"Can we please get a corner booth or something? everyone is looking at us." I ask him

He looks at me then looks at our surroundings noticing the eyes on us since we entered. He nods and smiles looking at me

"Sure amore, don't worry alright? I am right here, no need to pay attention to them" he whispers and turns to the receptionist with pretty blonde hair and hazel eyes "Mrs Woods, we would like a private booth"

"Sure sir, this way"

she leads us to the private booths and hands us the menu, after sitting down I notice the decor of the place, dim yellow lights fill the space, a large crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and the colour theme is rose gold and cream.

"Do you like the place amore?" Roman asks breaking my chain of thoughts

"Oh- uhm, yes. It's beautiful" I stutter, caught off-guard by the question and smile at him, which he returns and relaxes in his seat, like he was nervous about what I would say.

Just as he was about to say something the waitress came to take our orders cutting him off

"what would you like sir?" she asks him disregarding me like I am not even sitting there.

She didn't even look at me.

you are familiar with this kind of behaviour Asena, don't be upset.

But it still hurts when someone does that, why can't they just be nice to other people?

"What would you like to have Asena?" Ro asks me, not even acknowledging the waitress.

"Uhm- I don't know, I haven't seen the menu, can I get 5 more minutes?" I ask feeling slightly embarrassed

I look at him and then at the waitress who is looking at me like I killed her dog. Or stole her belongings.