►| five

Seven leaned against a trunk, clutching his hands to his chest

Seven leaned against a trunk, clutching his hands to his chest. His breath rattled inside him. Whoever set up that motion sensor system knew of his presence. He pushed the matted strands of hair away from his forehead, his fingers coming away dripping with sweat. Never had he ran so fast in his life.

He leaned away from the trunk, stealing a peek into the barren horizon. This complex in the Northern region was close to Section H's headquarters, stirring both good and bad memories. Who would think of holing up here, of all places?

Only one person came to mind. Thirteen. Since the last battle with Karrel and Section H, Seven hadn't seen the atypical boy since he told them to run away and meet up back in the fortress. While all of them followed, they ended up taking different routes. When the automated announcement blasted through the grounds, Seven was on his way towards one of the sewers' entrances. Like Thirteen, he had grown fond of using the canals' numerous entry and exit points, all ending up in the fortress' backdoor.

He was the first to reach the building, and his journey halted there. If the others were on their way and they decided to start killing, he would put himself into the line of fire by resurfacing. The goal of this season in the Game was to fish out the strongest and the craftiest of them all, and after spending time beating other people, now, they have to beat each other.

It was hard, going against the same people who once have been your comrades, but to Seven, it was only proper. Camaraderie made them forget this place was still a site for whatever the Game was. There weren't any rules, and the counters were abolished. Now, they were free to attack at any time, kill anyone whom they pleased if they were able.

Seven ran a quick inventory of the remaining people in the grounds. Fourteen, he could handle. With her ability reliant on visual stimulation, his ability would be her bane. He could sneak up to her, slit her throat, and be done with it. No hard feelings. Seven had to survive. If he didn't kill first, he would be eliminated before he even made a move.

Two would be harder, but maybe Seven would manage. As long as he maintained a distance from the esper, he could spring any trap, a-la Thirteen. Eighteen would also be an easier target. What in the world was psychometry anyway? It was such a useless ability Thirteen never utilized her as much as he did everyone during the Game's first part. Seven would only need to find her, and it would be over.

Seventeen and Sixteen would also be a challenge. The duo have taken a liking to each other during the Game itself, proving nothing was impossible when it came to love. Seventeen was for long and wide-ranged attacks, while Sixteen was in charge of the nitty-gritty. But both of them also relied on their eyes with their physical attacks. If they couldn't see Seven, he had every opportunity to stab them from behind and call it a day.

Five and Eight...now, they were going to be the hardest. Relying on stealth would be useless, and attacking them head-on would be suicide. Eight could sense disturbances in the airflow, rendering his invisibility useless. And Five...well, let him say she was a force to reckon when she wished to be. Even if Seven attacked her unseen, she would figure out a way to decapitate him. She was smart, that was all.