11- party

Soraya's party outfit ^^

Soraya's POV

"Are you really going to go to that party?" Bella asks as I delve into my closet for an outfit. It's Saturday morning and Bella and I are catching up over a video call.

"Yes Bella, I'm definitely going," I reply, feeling a little surprised at my own interest. "I know this is going to sound weird coming from me but I really want to make some new friends. It's our final year of high school and I want to put myself out there instead of just spending the weekends at home watching Netflix," I explain as I hold up two outfits I'm contemplating on wearing. "Should I go with this red dress or white top with pants?" I ask.

Bella studies them both before pointing to the white top and pants. "See why we are besties!" I exclaim, excited that she picked the one I actually liked.

She playfully rolls her eyes as we continue with our conversation.

"I understand you Soraya. I really want you to make friends but you also have to remember the promise you made to me because it seems like you're forgetting about it," she expresses with concern.

"I haven't forgotten about it Bella. I'm actually getting closer to them, just like I promised," I reply, trying to reassure her. "I told you there has been some progress with Natalie didn't I? Look, there's so much time on our hands before senior prom, so don't worry about it."

"Sure, but you told me Micah and the 'enemies' aren't on good terms anymore, so you going to Micah's party wouldn't even help," Bella points out.

"Yes I did. And do you perhaps know what happened? And also, why is Micah excluded from the plan if you were all friends?" I question, curious for answers.

"Well, Micah was always there for me and didn't ignore me like the others," she explains. "He fought Nathan after what he did to me. He stood by me while the others laughed."

"Awww he's such a good friend then, I say. "Is that why you think they are not on talking terms anymore?"

"Yes, I think they broke things off after that," she says. That's enough now Soraya. You know I don't like revisiting these past memories," Bella adds.

"I understand and I'm sorry. I just feel like something doesn't add up. I expected them to be mean bullies, but they are surprisingly nice. I don't know how to pull it off."

"That's how they suck you in, all nice and friendly until their true colors emerge. Soraya I'm the one who went through hell when I was friends with them. I know what I'm talking about so trust me on this."

"I trust you Bella. Don't worry about a thing now. They'll face the consequences," I assure her.

"But do you have a solid plan?"

"Not yet, but I'll figure something out," I respond with determination.

"I really appreciate everything you're doing for me Soraya. I know it's not easy. Thank you best friend," Bella's gratitude touches me deeply. I'd do anything for her.

"Talk to you later, love," she blows a kiss at my screen as I return the gesture. I end the call and go to the kitchen to grab my breakfast.

"Good morning mom," I greet her with a smile.

"Good morning darling," she replies, setting the table for breakfast.

Mom has Saturdays off which excites me. I think it's because of her new position as well. At least we can spend time together. When she's done with the breakfast, we both head to the dining room to eat.