04- first day

Picture of the uniforms ^^

Soraya's POV

It's been a week since we moved and finally, we have settled in. Mom's already diving into work, and today marks my first day of school. Bella and I had a chat this morning about the whole revenge issue. She keeps getting worried for absolutely no reason but I manage to calm her down as usual.

"Soraya are you ready?" Mom yells as her footsteps draw closer. She swings my door open and gasps. "My baby girl looks absolutely stunning in her new uniform," she compliments. "Thank you mommy. I love it too," I reply with a smile. The uniform is made up of a white long sleeve shirt, adorned with a cute light blue bow tie. Over it, I wear the school vest which is also in a light blue shade, displaying the school crest. Completing the look is a light blue checkered skirt, paired with knee high black socks.

"Are you ready for today?" she inquires as she stands infront of me, placing both hands on my shoulders gently. I nod in response and she smiles. "You've always made me proud my girl and I hope that won't change?"

"Nothing is going to change mom. My grades will remain perfect I can assure you," I affirm confidently.

"That's my girl," she happily says. "I'll drop you off. Your school is on the same road as the hospital," she adds as I pack my stuff and head to school with mom, ready for the day ahead.

In about 30 minutes we arrive at the school compound. "Here we are child," Mom announces, staring at me with a smile. "Good luck on your first day my love. And make some friends too because I know this daughter of mine," she teases, earning a playful eye roll from me. "Yes mum I'll try," I respond. We say a short prayer before she drives off.

Standing in front of the grand school, I gaze up at the bold white letters spelling out the schools name at the very top. The schools entire building is painted in the same light blue color as our uniform. The compound is meticulously cemented and neatly swept. In the middle of the school lies a huge flowing fountain surrounded by vibrant beautiful flowers. The school is simply stunning.

As I finally step inside the school, I gather all the courage within me to hide my nervousness.

Breathe Soraya Breathe.

I first need to go to the principals office but I have no idea how to even get there. People will definitely mistaken Horizon heights as a university. That's how grand it is.

I spot a girl with headphones on, bopping her head to whatever music she's listening to and I decide to approach her to seek her help for directions.

I quickly walk towards her, offering a wave to catch her attention. She removes her headphones but her expression remains stoic.

She has long black dreadlocks, braided into two cornrows. Her eyes are a light shade of brown, and what makes them even more beautiful is the long black eyeliner she's drawn on her lids. Her rich chocolate skin has a radiant glow. She's very pretty, I must admit.

"Um, hey," I start feeling a bit flustered. "My name is Soraya and I'm a new student in form 3," I introduce, extending my hand for a shake. However, she stares at my hand , leaving it hanging awkwardly. Feeling embarrassed, I quickly withdraw my hand to my side and nervously smile.

"I wanted to know if you can show me to the principals office," I continue. "But if you're busy, then that's okay. I totally understand," I add, attempting to ease the tension.

"Take the stairs and walk straight. Last door to your left," she bluntly states and walks away even before I can say thank you.

"Oh well, that was weird," I mutter to myself as I take the stairs to the principals office. Upon my arrival, I gently knock on the door and a voice from within tells me to enter.

I obey and step into the minimalistic office. "Take a seat Miss Hammond," the woman who appears to be in her fifties offers. Adjusting her glasses, she hastily goes through a pile of papers on her desk. After a moment, she glances back at me and widely smiles.

Clasping both hands together, she extends a warm
welcome to Horizon Heights Academy, expressing her hopes that I have a pleasant stay here. She gives me the written school guide, letting me know that whatever I need is all in the book. I express my gratitude and take my leave.

My first class is biology and I'm thirty minutes late. A sudden wave of nervousness washes over me, causing me to sweat. I look through the school guide which locates me to my class.

As I get closer to the class, I take a deep breath before gently opening the door and stepping in. The teacher abruptly halts the lecture, and the entire class turns their attention to me.

"You must be the new student," the biology teacher remarks as he gestures me to come close, facing the class. "Please introduce yourself," he requests.

Clearing my throat, I start my introduction. "My name is Soraya Esi Hammond and it's a pleasure to meet you all," I conclude, hoping to make a positive first impression on my new classmates.

"Welcome, Soraya," the class chimes in unison, helping to ease some of my nervousness.

"Welcome, Soraya," a deep voice says singularly, prompting me to look in that direction. I turn to see a strikingly handsome guy, our eyes meeting in a brief moment, leaving me captivated by his presence.

"Alright Soraya. We are glad to have you here with us," the biology teacher says warmly. "Take a seat next to Henry and make sure you copy the notes from your classmates," he instructs before resuming his lesson. As the period comes to an end, he bids us farewell and exits the class.

"Finally, this class is over," Henry, my sitting partner exclaims excitedly, turning over to face me.

Henry is very cute. He is light skin and his black hair is neatly faded. He also wears glasses, which suits him quite well. You can tell he's one of those students who don't like classes or are lazy but in actuality they are very smart and ace all subjects.

"I swear, time stops ticking whenever we have biology," he adds. "I was so glad you came in because then we could waste his time, but you decided to give a thirty second introduction, Miss Soraya," he says, crossing his arm over his chest in disappointment.

"Oh my, sorry about that," I respond with a chuckle.

"Haha, It's alright Soraya," Henry replies warmly. "Do you want to come with my friends and I for snacks?" he ask, which I nod in agreement.

"Nathan! Natalie! Let's go," Henry calls out for his friends and my heart literally stops when I hear his name.

Slowly turning my head to finally see who Nathan is, I'm shocked to discover that he's the same guy I locked eyes with during my introduction.

Why did it have to be him?

************************************************

Soraya and Nathan locked eyes????????

I hope y'all are enjoying the story so far

Let's interact in the comment section guys

Don't forget to give me a ⭐️

Xoxo