Chapter 80 A wrong move

Start from the beginning

Cui Muli said: "Your Excellency, you are flattering me. I am a subordinate but I can only fulfil my duties faithfully and do my job well."

"Now that the matter has come to this, why do you have to be so pretentious? Why don't you open the skylight and speak frankly." Wang Yongqi said disdainfully.

Cui Muli asked: "As you wish Sir, where do you want to start?"

Wang Yongqi's eyes flickered, unable to hide his complexity, "Let's start with how you learned that I was the one who transferred the disaster silver."

Cui Muli smiled back: "To be honest Sir, I have help from gods."

Gods? Bah!

Wang Yongqi just thought Cui Muli was teasing himself, and stood up angrily at the table. The shackles suddenly clanked, "You are an arrogant kid. Do you think that since I have been arrested, you will be able to sit back and relax?"

Cui Muli said: "Of course this official knows that your Excellency is extremely powerful. Not only do you firmly control the Ministry of War, but there are people behind you to protect you. However, this time, are you sure that he can protect you?"

After hearing this, Wang Yongqi regained his senses and sat back expressionlessly, "I don't understand what you are talking about."

Cui Muli said: "This official doesn't know if you can bite me to death, but your uncle Wang Keyi, Governor Wang? I heard that he was tortured in prison, and he was already talking nonsense and shouting that the disaster silver should have appeared... elsewhere." "

Sarcasm flashed across Wang Yongqi's face, as if he was mocking his naivety, "Good nephew Cui is really good at pretending. I was wrong before and thought you were a talent. Now it seems that you and that old guy, Luo Biyu, are cut from the same cloth. Short-sighted and there is no way to save it."

Cui Muli looked calm, cupped his hands and said, "I am deeply honoured to be praised like this by your Excellency."

The jailer knocked on the door and came in. He said something in Cui Muli's ear, then left again.

Cui Muli looked at Wang Yongqi and said, "Wang Keyi is dead."

Wang Yongqi suddenly laughed loudly and said: "A messenger. This official is forced to confess merely to die. What should I be afraid of? Eighteen years later, this official will be a good man again."

Cui Muli had already anticipated the outcome. Wang Yongqi was able to sit in the position of Minister of War. His tenacity was unparalleled. It was almost impossible for him to overthrow the Zhang family.

After Wang Yongqi finished laughing, he stared at him sadly, "Child of the Cui family. From now on, you'd better be more careful, otherwise you will make a wrong move... Haha..."

"This official will remember the Lord's original teachings." Cui Muli stood up and gathered his sleeves. He spoke lightly: "Abandon the darkness and join the bright road. This official will definitely examine myself three times a day and never follow in your footsteps."

*

After emerging from the zhao yu, Cui Muli boarded a carriage to return home. Unexpectedly, when passing through the western market, two mad cows broke through the fence and ran rampant on the street, injuring countless passers-by.

The officials had not yet arrived, and no one was in charge of order. The people held their heads in their hands and ran around screaming, and the scene suddenly turned into a pot of boiling porridge.

Cui Muli opened the curtain, and looked around quickly. He whispered to Shen Yang to lead people to subdue the mad cow. Coincidentally, as soon as Shen Yang's back disappeared, Cui Muli's carriage suddenly went crazy. The horse raised its long neck and neighed, and also became wild in the crowd.