The Team

Lloyd leads me into the Monastery as rain started pouring down, his hand linked with mine

Lloyd leads me into the Monastery as rain started pouring down, his hand linked with mine. It was exactly like how I remember it. Only it made more sense why he lived here.

He starts to guide to to a room but stops at the crimson colored door. Lloyd turns to look down at me. His green eyes looked faded and dull, unlike there normal bright and vibrant color.

"Hey Dove..." He hesitates a moment. His gaze jumping around before landing on me again. "If you're up for it, I have some people I would like to introduce you to."

I nod slowly as he adjusts his grip on my hand and starts walking. The door opens and inside looks like a library. Books and scrolls line the walls in shelves or piled on the floor. I look around a spot five people in the room. One of whom I instantly recognize.

Lloyd leads me to a couch and gently guides me to sit down.

"Nya?" I mumbled, looking at the black haired girl.

"Yeah, it's me Rai." She walks over with a sigh and sits down next to me.

"W-what are you doing here?" I ask, the nerves in my voice slowly surfacing.

"Lloyd told us what happened. I had to make sure you were ok." She wraps her arm around my shoulders and pulls me into a side hug.

"What did happen?" The boy in black speaks up, causing Nya to release me.

"The Phantoms." Lloyd answers bluntly, crossing his arms over his chest as he stands next to the couch.

"Why would they want her?" The boy in blue asks.

"I....I don't know..." Lloyd sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"Uhm, I'm sorry but...Who are The Phantoms?" I interrupt.

Lloyd glances over at me then his gaze jumps to rest of the people in the room. The boy in white speaks before Lloyd gets a chance to answer. "They are a new well organized group that has been stealing a lot of high valued tech recently. Including from Borg Tower." He states matter a factly.

"They have been causing us nothing but trouble." The one in red grumbles from his spot leaning on the wall.

"Us?" I tilt my head.

'These weren't-'
'They couldn't be!'

Lloyd clears his throat, causing everyone's attention to turn back to him. "Raila, meet the rest of my team."

"Jay, the Lightning Ninja." He stood with an air of energy and excitement. His dark ginger, curly hair framed his face, and his electric blue eyes sparkled with enthusiasm.

"Zane, the Ice Ninja." He appeared calm and composed, his white hair contrasting sharply against his dark attire. His icy blue eyes held a hint of mystery, and his movements were precise and deliberate.

"Kai, the Fire Ninja." He exuded confidence and determination. His spiky, brown hair seemed to flicker like flames, and his amber eyes burned with intensity.

"Cole, the Earth Ninja." He stood tall and sturdy, like a mountain of strength. His large, black hair was neatly trimmed, and his dark brown eyes held a sense of steadfast resolve.

"And Nya, the Water Ninja." She looked over at me with a warm smile. Her black hair tied up in a ponytail, and her piercing blue eyes sparkled with kindness.

My mouth drops. I should have realized Lloyds friend group were the rest of his team.

Sit among the legendary Ninja, my mind reels in disbelief. I'm frozen in shock, unable to utter a single word. This moment feels like a dream, too surreal to be real.

As I take in the sight of Jay, Zane, Kai, Cole, and Nya, my heart pounds in my chest. Their presence is overwhelming.

I try to speak, but my voice fails me. My hands tremble. The weight of their gazes feels heavy upon me, as if they can see straight through to the depths of my soul. I feel exposed, vulnerable, as if my every flaw is laid bare before them.

"I- I can't, T-this is..." I hold my head in my shaky hands. Trying and failing to keep my breathing steady.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I look up to see Lloyds soft emerald irises looking down at me. "I know, it's a lot to take in. But you're safe here. It's late, we can talk more in the morning."

He nods to the group and they all make there leave giving me kind smiles on the way out, until it's just me and Lloyd.

My mind still reals from everything that had just happened with the past hour.

Lloyd sighs running a hand through his golden locks before looking back down at me.

"Come on, you need some sleep." He holds out his hand for me to take.

Instinctively, I reached out to take his hand, but as my fingers brushed against his, I noticed something unexpected. All over his hand were tiny scars, faint and barely noticeable.

Lloyd's hand gently guided me down the hallway, his strides confident and purposeful. I followed him, my body on autopilot.

Finally, we reached a door, and Lloyd turned to me with a small smile. "Here we are." He said, his voice tinged with warmth.

I hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to expect as he opened the door. But as I stepped inside, my breath caught in my throat.

It was his room.

Every corner was a reflection of his personality, from the neatly arranged bookshelves to the training equipment scattered across the floor. But what struck me the most were the little details—the photographs on the walls, the mementos on his desk—all telling a story of who he was beyond the mask of the Green Ninja.

Before I could utter a word, Lloyd spoke up, his voice soft yet firm. "You can stay in here tonight." He said, his gaze meeting mine with unwavering sincerity.

I look over at the boy and he nods giving permission. I slowly step over the threshold and into the room. He shuts the door behind me and I look around the room again my head spinning.

'I just met The Ninja.'
'I'm friends with two them.'

I make my way over to the bed and slip under the green covers. Exhaustion hitting me like a truck. The sent of lemon grass fills my nose as I drift off to sleep rather quickly.

My head full of unanswered questions.

——————————————•—————————————
AN: I hope you enjoyed! We are almost caught up with the OG book.
Wc: 1080
Thank you for reading!
K out!