Green Eyes

"Oh my gosh are you ok?"

I blinked, finally pulled out of the trance of those green orbs. "Yeah, um I'm ok."

The Green eyed boy stared down at me and I up at him. His hands placed on either side of my head to keep him from crushing me.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. My stomach danced with butterflies. It felt like a switch had been flipped in my soul.

We stayed like that for a few more seconds before he was ripped off.

"Lloyd! She just got here and you already smushed her!" Nya pointed down at my form, still sprawled out on the floor.

He smiled sheepishly down at me before offering his hand.

I glanced at it then him. He had beautiful light blond hair that looked like gold in the sunlight coming from the window. Light freckles dotted his cheeks under his eyes. His green eyes were so mesmerizing you could easy get lost in the swirling emerald vortex.

I soon realized I had been staring to long and took his hand. He helped me up with ease.

"Yeah heh, sorry wasn't watching where I was going." He scratched the back of his neck, awkwardly.

"No no no, I should be apologizing I ran into you." I quickly corrected.

"We can just say it was both of our faults, how about that." The Green Boy chuckled. "I'm Lloyd by the way." He smiled, and I swear I could have just melted into a puddle at the sight of it.

"Raila." I smiled back.

"Well now that introductions are done, I need to get Raila to her first class, bye Lloyd!" With that Nya grabbed my arm and started pulling me down the hall. I turned and waved bye to the green eyed boy, Lloyd.

~💜~

My first class was Science with Mr. Poppy, and thankfully he didn't do the classic movie teacher move and make me introduce myself to the whole class. After a quick 'hello', Nya pulled me to the back of the class, where two empty desks were.

We talked most of class and I realized how cool Nya was. We quickly started to become friends. Sure she is loud and bold but it worked with my shy and quiet personality.

The school day went surprisingly fast. My final class of the day was history and low and behold a certain green eyed boy was there. He waved us over to the table he sat at. I smiled in greeting as him and Nya started chatting away. Man how could this guy do it. He had the same amount of enthusiasm as Nya, if not more so. He almost reminded me of a Golden Retriever puppy.

I looked around the classroom and saw a few students glaring over at our table. I quickly looked away.

Weird.

Once class had started we were soon told our table would be our group for the year, and I was ok with that. I took the rest of the class to get to know Lloyd.

Apparently his dad is Garmadon. The old Evil Warlord that use to attack the city but apparently he isn't evil anymore, so good news.

It was cool to hear about his life and how he met his friend group. The others were a year older so they had already graduated. I enjoyed just sitting there and let them talk. For the first time I had found real friends, people I could talk face to face with.

Once the school day ended everyone quickly started leaving. I stuck with Nya and Lloyd as we waited for our rides. They soon left once a Red convertible showed up. A guy with spikes for hair, which I could only assume was Nya's brother, yelled out for them over the loud music he was playing. I waved goodbye as the car raced off, and sat down on the bench.

Soon enough Lin too arrived. I quickly slid in and buckled. A smile was plastered on my face as I turned to him.

"Well I say someone had a good day." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes but the smile stayed. If school was like this everyday I might actually enjoy it.

We soon arrived home. Lin unlocked the door and we headed inside.

"I'll be in my room doing some school work."

Lin turned to me and nodded as I headed up the stairs. As soon as I stepped into my room I shut the door. I liked Lin well enough but it was still weird having someone I barely knew living in my house.

⏱️~Flashback~⏱️

I was sitting on my bed a picture of my family in my hands. Dried tear's stained my face. A knock came from my door and I quickly wiped my eyes and hid the picture under my pillow.

"Come in."

A tall, dark brown haired man stepped in followed by the Chief of Police.

"Miss Raila, this is officer Lin. He will be acting as your guardian till you turn 18."

I nodded glancing over at the tall man.

"I'll leave you two to get acquainted."

And like that I was alone in my room with this stranger. He looked as awkward as I felt but he broke the silence first.

"It's a pleasure to put a face to the name. All I've know about you in what was in your file." He laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

I only sunk deeper into my bed and avoided looking at him.

He then cleared his throat "I'm sorry about everything that happened to you, kid. I know I'm not your parents but I'm here if you need to talk" He shifted his weight on the balls of his feet as I continued to have a staring contest with the foot of my bed.

"I'll be staying in the room downstairs if you need me, goodnight Raila." He walked out closing the door behind him.

⏱️~Flashback Over~⏱️

I stepped away from the door and plopped face first into my bed. I liked hanging out with Nya and Lloyd but my already small social battery was all but empty.

I lifted my head off the pillow and looked out at my room. The evening sun shined through my window next to the head of my bed.

My thoughts quickly went to the cute green eyed boy.

"Oh no!" I sighed my face falling back into the pillow. "It's only been one day!"

——————————————•—————————————
AN: I hope you have enjoyed this chapter! Raila has officially met Lloyd and Nya!
Wc: 1083
Thanks for reading!
K out!