🌟 Author's Note: 2 ~ About Wattpad 🌟

Okay, well, I was determined on updating my story today, but this one incident has taken up my mind so badly that my brain isn't braining into the story anymore! So, now that you are here, please try to read till the end! I didn't realize how long it went while writing!

Guys, it's been very disturbing lately seeing the books of some of my favourite authors being either black-listed/shadow-banned just because A.I. selected it randomly or altogether taken down/deleted unexpectedly within such a short span of time.

Ever since I started writing, my respect for authors has increased even more since I can feel more closely, the amount of time and efforts it takes to publish even 1 part which takes merely 5-7 minutes to read.

Some people enjoy being silent readers to a story, and even I was, to say the truth, but that was just in the first month of joining Wattpad. Gradually, when I started to know more about this weird orange app, I now try my best to support writers I enjoy reading stories of. Even being a silent reader is appreciated, because either way you are helping the author by increasing the engagement of his/her book. But, if you are enjoying a particular story, isn't it fair enough for you to vote for it? It doesn't hurt and neither does it take a lot of time, does it? It's just a click away and merely takes a few seconds! So, if not commenting, please be kind enough to vote, on stories you so love reading!

Now, coming back to the main point, seeing all these sorts of mishaps happening on Wattpad recently, I decided to open an account on Scrollstack/Stck.me just to keep a backup of all the parts of my story.

Although, it's totally up to you, you may follow me on Scrollstack, if you wish to:

https://fictional-escapade.stck.me/profile

If this link somehow doesn't work, the same would be pasted in the 'ABOUT' section of my Wattpad account.

The username, the 'ABOUT' section and the book content, everything would remain the same, although the chapters wouldn't have pictures included, since there isn't an option to insert pictures on Scrollstack, which would make the book, maybe a litt...

The username, the 'ABOUT' section and the book content, everything would remain the same, although the chapters wouldn't have pictures included, since there isn't an option to insert pictures on Scrollstack, which would make the book, maybe a little less interactive for some viewers.

I didn't think much before starting to write on Wattpad, but ever since I did, I realized the amount of time and efforts it takes. I started writing as an escape, to eliminate my boredom and take a break from my studies, and this book being my first creation (there would be more if God wishes, or well, if I wish, for that matter), would always be very close to my heart, as is the book which inspired me to start writing a historical fiction in the very first place. And so it needs a backup, as Watty can't be trusted anymore.

Normally, authors post on Scrollstack earlier, and then on Wattpad, but it would be the opposite in my case, as Scrollstack is just a sort of backup for my writing. I would start posting on Scrollstack, which would ofcourse be free of cost. And I may open an Inkitt account soon as well, if I wish to, in which case, this note would be updated and you all would be informed about the same.

Either way, the updates are gonna be slow, whether it is on Wattpad or on Scrollstack (or on Inkitt as well in the future), since my first priority are my studies, and second is this, my hobby, for which I spare 1-2 hours daily.

Now ... back to some more RANTING about Wattpad ...

I do not know what's wrong with Wattpad lately, but many books are being taken down back to back, and the absolute reason still remains unknown. And to make matters worse, books of only Indian Authors are being taken down, be it rom-com, soft romance, or a book containing mature content with a 'Mature' tag, and several warnings in the book title, story description, and numerous trigger warnings within the book as well. Foreign authors with filthier content are good to go, but not the Indian ones, despite the fact that majority audience is from India itself.

Wattpad is just being like, 'Oh, so your book is within Top 10 in India? No worries! We will have it taken down instantly, without any prior notice, and it won't be retrieved at any cost, since we can't bear Indian Authors writing such good stories and progressing!'

Cry, mourn over it, do whatever you wish to, but Wattpad has every right to take down your book, and it won't be coming back even if you do everything which is in your power. So all your constant hardwork of months, everything, just goes down the drain within 24 hours and you can't do anything about it. You are helpless. And the app staff won't even give you any prior warning before making you go through this hell.

So, now, you have 2 options, either leave this damned platform altogether, or just pose as a foreign author (I don't know if even that is possible or not), since no harm comes to their books, no matter what they write. The only books targeted are those by Indian Authors, and that too the ones which are trending! Your book is in Top 10 in your country today, and before you can even celebrate properly, it gets taken down the very next day, so as to convert your happiness into mournful cries.

And .... for the ones who are reporting it (agar aisa koi praani padh rha hai toh), tumlogon ka toh Bhagwaan alag se hisaab lega! Please guys, try to understand the time and efforts put into it. Mehnat lagti hai yaar likhne mein, please samjha karo, agar nhi padhni hai toh please just stay away, dammit! Mat padho, skip kardo, but please do not report the story, man! Tumlogon ko zara sa bhi nhi samajh aata kya, kaisa lagega kisiko agar uski itne mahine ki mehnat aise ekdum se paani me chali jaati hai toh! How do you guys live peacefully after knowing that you may be a reason behind someone's tears? Kisi aur se nhi toh kam se kam Bhagwaan se toh daro re tumlog! Uparwaala sab dekhta hai! Uske nazar se kuch nhi chupta!

And always remember, 'Karma is a b*tch, it always gets back at you in one form or the other!'

The author, whom I have specially written this note for (I ain't tagging her here, otherwise she would receive a notification about the same, which may disturb her), lost 2 of her leading books just yesterday, one on 3 Million, and the other on 1.5 Million reads.

She had put an Instagram story, sharing how ecstatic she was about her first completed story having crossed 3 Million reads, and was anticipating a 5 Million total reads soon, on all of her books combined. And within 24 hours of all this, both of her most famous and loved creations were taken down by Watty. Just try to imagine what she must be going through!

And whilst reading through various other comments, I came to know that she isn't the first victim, there are various other Indian Authors who have gone through the same idiot*c sh*t. My heart goes out to all such authors. Take your time to heal. All of you guys are fighters, keep fighting, and come back stronger!

And, last but not the least, thankyou to everyone who gave time and read this till the very end, patiently listening to my rant!

Hah! I am finally feeling a little light-hearted now! Thankyou!

❤️   Love You All   ❤️