Chapter 03

- this story is a work of fiction -

The only memory from her childhood outside of her room were...hospitals. Or some other faculties, she didn't bother to remember. The only reason why she remembered her childhood at all was because of the fact that that was the only time her parents were happy with her. She remembered the praise she got whenever she scored high on one of these stupid IQ tests, her parents bragging about her to their neighbours and friends that they have brought a „genius" to the world. She always snickered at that statement. They had no idea what was coming for them. Especially after she found out that life wasn't like these tests at all, leaving her isolated at the top of something others could admire, but never connect with.

-

Golden lights blinded her eyes. That wasn't the white light of the cinema...what did she do again? Oh, right, she found a boomerang. She wanted to try out playing like a child for the first time. But this light...it irked her, for some reason. She felt herself squirming, before a painful sting went through her whole body, shaking her to her very core. Her eyes snapped open at that, and when her vision was more clear, the first thing she could see was a thick, irritating rope bound around her thighs. After a close inspection, she noticed that her arms and ankles were bound to the chair as well. She began to panic. This was no work from some brain dead zombie. Only humans would do something so cunning and evil. And that was what scared her, more than a zombie ever could. She looked around, inspecting the room dipped in the golden light of the sunset. And she swore that she almost puked at the realisation in what kind of room, and in association, in what kind of building she was currently situated in, tied up and possibly ready for torture.

She never liked schools. That was probably the reason why she never went there. She only remembered stalking through the halls with her uniform clumsily put on to take only the most necessary exams, the walk to and from the exam a blur. She remembered being short of breath the entire way there, her view blurry. She was doing her best do not let the cold sweat drip a trail on the clean floors, the walls echoing the quiet whispers and loud laughters of students. It was all so loud, and she was almost certain that they were all laughing at her, the loser shut in that never bothered to come to school, ungrateful for the oh so wonderful opportunity to learn at the most prestigious school in the city. She pressed her lips together, afraid that she would need to puke on her lap at that memory.

Who kidnapped her? Was it her little brother? Or her parents, finally getting revenge for all the misery she had caused them for being a dirty shut-in? It had to be one of them. Who else knew of her? She forced herself to calm down, figuring that it couldn't be, since she saw a zombie tear all three of them apart 4 months ago. Maybe it was their ghosts. She didn't believe in these things, but right now, it could be the only explanation. They wanted to drag her into hell with them by placing her on the hell of earth first. Her breathing picked up, and she could feel a cold sweat trickling down her back, the stupid maid costume she picked up being thicker than she thought. As her eyes flitted around, she could basically hear their mocking laughter, ridiculing her for being so goddamn stupid, so weak, thinking that their torment would end with their death. She revised her plan on how to spend this goddamn apocalypse. She would try to survive for as long as possible. Hell, she would even freeze herself into a solid block of ice if needed to, to stay alive for as many years possible, just so she wouldn't need to join her parents in hell.

Just then, she noticed the door clicking open.

Her eyes widened. This was it. She began to tremble, her vision blurring in terror, trying to disassociate from the situation. She found a dry laugh escape her at the fact that she didn't do that in 4 months, the zombies being not even nearly as terrifying like her people. She refused to call them family. Unlike them, she could say that she even grew comfortable in the zombie's presence, especially since they didn't-