Chapter 20: Kiaan's wedding (Pt.2)

Start from the beginning

Why am I even confirming myself about him? 

Meera, you are letting your feelings get inside your head, my conscience reminded

Yea, true. 

I shouldn't be letting myself giving in to my feelings. I don't want to go through the same thing again. Everything is already complicated. I'm here for my work only. No relations, no feelings attached with anyone. Feelings just complicate life. There isn't any need for for relationships when I can't handle these many already. and he is immature. He needs to face rejection to understand himself better. To focus and become a better man. 

For someone else. 

When we came out the life and I headed towards Kiaan's room. I don't know why I wanted him to turn behind, and call out to me. I would honestly forgive him and give the guy a hug. But it would only labyrinthine feelings for him. To be honest, I'm not even sure what I'm scared of. 

I'm not sure if I'm scared that I might complicate things and bring up his hopes again. 

or I'm scared of falling in love? 

"Meera, are you okay?" Kiaan tugged my arm a little. I zoned out again, didn't I? I have to stop thinking about it so much now. It's literally my brother's wedding and I can't even enjoy a little. all thanks to him. Wow. 

"Who are you thinking about?" He teased, and I just rolled my eyes. I scanned the room and somehow suspiciously I found it quite clean. I looked at Kiaan to ask him about him but my eyes fell on the lipstick stain on his cheek. Oh My God.

Is he cheating on Zara?

No.

NO.

OH MY GOD, MY BROTHER IS A CHEATER. 

Shit, what do I do?

"Kiaan, why do you have a lipstick stain on your cheek?" i asked him calmly, while sorts of worst scenarios are playing at the back of my mind. Oh god. His eyes were wide with shock. Oh my god, my brother is a fucking cheater. 

"Meera, don't tell anyone, I-

"YOU FUCKING CHEATED ON HER, KIAAN SHIVAAY SINGH?" I yelled, making him flinch. Oh my god, what do I tell Zara? That poor girl is decking up with layers of gold and makeup that goddamn 3 kgs lehenga for her fiancé to cheat on her. Oh god, she would be so hurt. Imagining her like makes my heart clench. 

"Do you have any idea how hurt she could be right now? She is down there, trying to accept your family as hers, dealing with annoying aunties for you, decking up and drowning under the weight of gold and makeup for you, and you are here kissing people? fucking cheating on her? I didn't even expect you to step this down, Kiaan. This is so disappointing, you don't even understand how this is gonna ruin her- 

"shhhhh" He covered my mouth with his palm. I swear I saw something move behind the curtains.

Is it that girl who he cheating on Zara with? 

Must be. 

I pushed his hand away and moved swiftly towards her. I pushed the curtains aside. Just to see a woman, standing her yellow kurta, smiling sheepishly at me. 

Zara?

What is she doing here? 

I looked between these two and finally the situation clicked in. 

Her lipstick. She kissed him. 

Oh. 

thank god.

I started thinking my whole life is a lie at this point.