Chapter 13: Sangeet

Meera's pov

"Get up already, it's your brother's sangeet dude" Siya whined. My legs don't even exist at this point. They were so numb I can't figure out how I'll dance today. The last night was a goddamn nightmare. I had to get Amaira to massage my legs with oil.

Today was the start of the wedding week with sangeet. The sangeet choreographer went too into the feeling that she forgot we are humans and that we got legs that hurt from too much dancing. But however she would've murdered us if we spoke a word so we wordlessly just tried copy her moves, which we were unsuccessful at.

It was 5pm. Sangeet would start at 8pm. I can't figure how the hell are these people so energetic about it, after swearing at that choreographer with some colourful words the whole night. We slept like at 7am.

"dude it's only 5, let me sleep" I mumbled, hugging my pillow more. I finally found a perfect comfortable sleeping position and this woman is ruining it now.

"Well that chudel is driving us nuts there. She wants to practice again" Siya whined, massaging her own legs. Again? Now?

"Usko bol sangeet cancel ho gaya, bua ji mar gayi" I said, yawning. I didn't get an ounce of sleep because of body ache. And that bitch again wants to start it.

"Chup kar kamini, unki bacchon ne ya unhone sun liye toh maut ka tandav karenge tere dead body ke upar" Siya shushed me. She checked if the twins were around or the bus ji was. Ever since she's been here, she kept complaining about how much money we are wasting for Kiaan's wedding when they should be saving the money for my wedding.

For dowry, of course.

Though Dadu shushed her, she kept complaining about it to others. I'm honestly so glad her kids aren't like her.

"Tandav toh woh chudel kar rahi hai, jaldi bahar aayo tum dono" Shaurya said, rubbing his sweaty forehead. That choreographer has been trying to hit on Shaurya since yesterday. And she's such an pick-me woman oh god.

I got up and splashed water on my face to face that chudel. Wore my hair in a bun and went out in my pjs only to find Amaira stumbling on Dhruv.

"Amaira, O. M. G. Stop throwing yourself on him! Girls are so much drama" That chudel said.

Like fuck, she's anything better.

"Excuse me? She's not throwing herself on me! She's just tired and you decide to have another practice so obviously we are gonna collapse" Dhruv defended her. Dhruv was the protective kid. When we were 6, and We just became goood friends and I tied him rakhi, I remember how protective he got of me. He threw daggers at every guy who even accidently laid his eyes on me for a split second. Later he started mingling with girls and shoving his tongue down their throats, so he ruined my love life and fixed his.

"Dhruv darling you gotta chill! You boys don't know anything about girls and tactics to lure guys. How innocent" She cooed at him and trust me, I never seen everyone this angry at one woman at once.

"I don't need to remind you yet again that you are here to teach us dance. Don't give useless talks, take the money, seal your mouth with it and take a practice for the last time" I said, stepping the arena. The only person she feared the most was me. I don't even know why.

She was silenced and started taking our practice. Though we didn't feel our legs at all, we still tried to match the moves together which wasn't that good but it wasn't bad either. Zara was already ready. She doesn't need to practice. We do. Because we keep messing around.

She's probably having the best sleep of her life right now and we are the Team Bride who's actually Groom's side who's suffering here.

We had to practice twice to get our steps right in synchrony. Well that chudel agreed that we are much better than last night, I dismissed her with her payment and told her to have food next time she comes.