Chapter 14: Mehendi

Meera's pov

7 pm.

"Meera! Are you ready already?" Amaira yelled from out. Today was the Mehendi. A special day for many girls as they write their loved one's name on their palms. I always loved the smell of mehendi.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I put on my jhumkas and give my hair a last touch. Mehendi was always my favorite part of weddings. I loved it better than the wedding.I curled my front hair and put on some red lipstick this time. I'm a sucker for nude colours. But today I want to deck up for myself.

All right

All right. Meera is all set to get her palms embroidered with mehendi today. I go out where Amaira was blushing and smiling like an idiot while texting someone on the phone. God why am I surrounded by love birds in every single place?

"You know you are just gonna meet him in a matter of a few minutes?" I said, throwing a smirk on her way. She blushes more and playfully slapped my arm. She stepped back and took a nice look at me and threw me back the same smirk.

"Someone is all decked up to put mehendi today?" She teased. Of course I am it's just that I didn't have anyone's name to write in my palm. I'll just write mine. Like I always did. Whenever I attended Mehendi functions, I never wrote anyone's name. I wrote my name only. More like I didn't have anyone's name to write in my palm.

I rolled my eyes and we walked out. I locked the room and kept the key in the pouch that stitched together with lehenga at the left side. I went out to the venue where Zara was already sitting, get her pictures clicked before the programme starts.

"Meera Oh my god, you look so good!" She flashed her dimples at me. I might but she was looking royally fabulous. I don't know if the shaadi ka glow is true but I can clearly see it on her face. Her face is glowing with happiness.