Chapter 5: Mr.Flirt

Meera's pov

"Meera Singh, you are under arrest"

I sigh and turn around. It was Siya. My childhood friend from the past 20 years. We were together till 12th but soon she went to Bombay for further studies and I went to London. You know, sometimes there are friendships where even if you talk for months, the bond doesn't change. It stays the same. The low maintenance friendships. We shared the same bond.

One. Two. Three. I yeeted away as fast as possible. And she followed. Like we used to run before.

Not everything has changed, has it?

I stop, panting like a dog. She stops too, panting. We have eye contact. And we burst laughing. Gosh how much I missed this. I see elders shaking our heads at us. Can't help, dil toh baccha hai ji.

"Dumbass, where were you all these years. No calls no messages. I thought you were dead and no one called me" She said, hugging me. What's with people   repeating the same thing? I went there to study dude. It's not my fault the professors dumped all teachings and assignments at once on me.

"Now I'm here so enjoy. Don't complain." I replied, frowning. I saw her eyes behind but before I could look behind-

"Booo!"

Oh my fucking god. I screamed and jumped from my place. Oh. It was Dhruv, another friend of mine. The flirt of the group. Though Dhruv always treated me like a sister. He flirted with every girl available. Even Amaira. I saw the way she blushed around him. I smack him on his shoulder. "Dumbass" And fix my suit.

"Meera my darling-" Before he could hug me I pushed him away a little and he pulled that dramatic  hurt face. Such a drama

"Before you do anything, did you directly come from gym? Then don't come. We'll hug tomorrow." I said, folding my arms to my chest.

"Excuse me? I'm offended! What's the article under which people get arrested for offensive comments?" He asks.

"Article 19-1-A of section 295A of IPC" I reply. He looked so done with me. What? He asked and I answered.

"Stop being such a drama, Dhruv" another hard voice called out. Dhruv and I exchanged looks and yell in unison

"Ahaan!"

He walks in with a smile that made Siya's ears and cheeks go red. Siya and Ahaan. If ahaan was grumpy, siya was a sunshine. They liked each other but no one spoke anything.

His eyes wonder on Siya, a smile lingering on his face. This is less a Roka and more a reunion.

"Ahaaan bhai~ Itne dino baad aaye ho humari taraf bhi dekh li jiye ya sirf Siya ko nihaarne ka iraada hai?" Dhruv teases. Siya blushes so hard she ran away. While ahaan gives a death glare to dhruv, who run aways too.

Gosh, I didn't even realise how much I missed this until now. It feels like old times. When no one was worried about reputation or work. All we cared about was how to tease each other. And run away when Ahaan got angry. Or gross out when Dhruv came back from the washroom with lipstick stains on his neck and lips. That's all we cared about.

Ahaan was a CA. Weird that it was his childhood dream. It feels weird when we all have grown up so fast.

"Meera" Mom calls me. Okay, I think that's enough fun for today. Now get back to reality. I raise my eyebrows and she asks me to keep Khurana uncle and his family company. They came with a whole company, how much attention do they even need?

I walk to Kirti. She's pretty I don't understand why they ever broke up. They were pretty good and close as I remember. I'll ask her. I tap her shoulder and she flinches.