Chapter 10: Partying?

Meera's pov

We have lunch outside because Karan and I are too scared to face our parents right now. By the time we reach it's already 4 pm. I bet mom and dad must be at work. Dadi and dadu would be sleeping. Kiaan would be making out with his fiancée. Perfect moment for us to get in without scoldings.

Kiaan kept the door open (smart move) we both walk in quietly. The lights were off, it was dark in the living room. Oh no one's here. Thank god.

We walk upstairs when suddenly I feel the lights turning on.

"Where do you two think y'all are going?"

Fuck

Just when I thought God was in our favor, he proved us wrong.

Abhi sidha swarg jake betrayal ka case thok dungi bhagwaan par.

Karan looked just as scared as me, both of us rooted in our places.

"Sunai nahi diya tum dono ko? Where were y'all?" Mom's voice rang throughout the house. There's no going back now.

Goddamn it meera, you are lawyer why the hell are you scared fighting your mom?

Because she's mom.

We both turn around to see dad, mom, dadu, dadi, Bua ji (this bitch), the twins and Kiaan standing there. I looked at Kiaan who lifted his hands up in surrender.

Fucking bitch I'll punch him before dying.

Dad is looking too dangerous to talk to right now. Dadi and Dadu look nervous. You know you got the strict parents when their own parents are scared of their children.

I gulped. Where's the voice now?

"Uh we were going up to our rooms? We had a uh sibling day out you know? Just wanted to catch up with uh whatever has been going on in his life!" I made up a excuse. I look at Karan who shakes his head. Bitch be grateful I'm saving your ass.

"Really? I wanna really wanna ask what has been going in his life that made you angry that you made his lips bleed and knuckles red?" Mom asked, crossing her hands over her chest. This woman can't read a document without her specs but she can see all this without specs?

Karan hides his hands behind and looks at me. Who was shaking his head at me a minute ago?

"Mom. Let me explain." I started to explain but some bitch decided to open her filthy mouth.

"Bhai sahab look  at this girl! Besharam! Muh par jhooth bol rahi hai! Isliye bolti hun jaldi shaadi kara do iski! Haa wahe guru aap hi abhi iss ladki ka kuch karo" Bua ji spat

Wahe guru ji, aap mera kuch karo ya naa karo, sabse pehle inhe upar le jayo.

"Meera. Kiaan told us. We want to talk Karan about this behavior. " Dad finally broke his silence.

I looked at Karan and blinked, assuring I'll be here if it goes back. Kiaan did the same. He stepped forward in front of Dad.

Dad stood up and walked close to him. Oh god please save him. A loud slap echoced throughout the Hall.

Dad slapped him.

"Papa!" I yelled, standing in front of Karan. No one was going to stand up I know. Like always, it was always be standing up against my dad.

"Ms.Meera Singh, please step aside and let me talk to my son." Dad said, glaring at me and gritting his teeth.

"Mr.Shivaay Singh, that's my younger brother. He's a kid. If there's anything you want to speak, speak to me" I said, confidently. But my knees left weak.