Chapter. 7 "The Day Of The Concert"

Luz POV:

We just got done setting up when Hunter wanted to get food so we all went to a nearby taco truck and got some tacos!

"Ohh boyy! These are some good tacos."
Gus mumbled with his mouth full of food

"Yeaaahhhhhhh I know the best food places here"
Hunter flexed taking another bite of the already crumbling taco

Vee seemed to enjoy it too! Amity always covers her face while eating though so I couldn't really tell but it's a taco you can't not like it!!! Except if you're Mexican and you try an American taco.

"So what do we do now?"
I asked while raising an eyebrow

"We just uh wait basically"
Hunter put it simply

"Yeah! We're free till 6! WHICH IS FOREVAAAA!!"
Gus jokingly complained

I chuckled at their antics and then turned to face Amity while thinking

Okay I got the album finished, I tutored Matt and fixed the rift between Matt and Gus hmmm...that's everything right? Ugh well technically no. I still haven't worked out my feelings for Amity I mean I know I like her but is it okay for the band- well I mean IN GENERAL IS IT OKAY??

Amity spoke up
"Yes?"
She spoke kindly
Something about her voice is just so chipper and cute!

"Huh? Oh sorry sorry I just fell into thought for a second!"
I explained

Amity chuckled before starting
"Well we can talk now right? Oh! I wanted to thank you Luz! Because you got this album done so fast and on such short notice we can actually do this concert it's really REALLY cool of you and you will get a pay bonus."

Amity covered her mouth once again to finish the taco as I jumped around stimming.

"You're the best Amity!!"
I yelled before pulling her into a hug

She seemed to be taken a back a bit from the sudden movement but she still hugged me back.

When we finally came out of the hug. Holding each other for a bit too long we slightly blushed at each other.

Gus definitely saw that but aaggghhh!
What are we? I don't think she likes me back but sometimes she acts...off and slips up almost like turning a Rubik's cube and then turning it right back to remain in order.

Amitys personality doesn't change persay but more like uhh her view off me changes!

Right as I was about to fall deep into thought out of everyone it was surprisingly Hunter who pulled me back into reality.

"Hey Luz I wanted to talk to you"

So I stylistically spun around to face Hunter
"Of course.................what about?" I spoke

"My uncle"
He mumbled awkwardly

Hunter had opened up to me a few days back about his abusive uncle and I offered him to stay at my place but he refused.

"Oki oki oki what happened?"

"Nothing yet...that's why I'm scared. He hasn't verbally or physically assaulted me in a few days already and I bearly see him moreover I don't know what he's planning"

Hunter always has had that analystical eye of his

"Hmm oki you can never assume something from that guy. I think the best course of action is to wait and see cuz I have my eye on him and if you get inside info them we'll always be one step ahead of him"

Hunter told me about when he first started playing bass for Amity. He told Belos and the following month Belos had almost taken down music in the USA as he is a big political figure despite his addictions. The only reason he didn't succeed was Amity- well partially as many big names started making poems about Belos or the bill at least. Protests began obviously and yeah fortunately they were successful and the bill was never passed. Belos still has plans tho we just don't know what they are although Hunter is keeping an eye on him.

Crazy that he even managed to trivialize something like MUSIC cuz comon it's music.

A few moments later my phone dinged so I opened the notification. It was a picture of Willow holding a ticket for "The Amity Blight Show". I already knew she was coming but I was still very excited!

I wanted the crew to meet Willow so I sneakily texted her where were going. Which was the nearby library cuz we're all nerds here.

I've been here quite a few times so as we entered the building I greeted the librarian who was seated around a weirdly curvin table that looped against the wall.

"Haaaiii!"
I excitedly called out

"Sshhh!! Hello."
The old man directed

We all chuckled a bit and then started looking around. I kinda just ended up bonding over different fantasy books with her. Especially over this one series called The Good Witch Azura.

I'm not even gonna TELL YOU how good this book series is or we'll end up being here forever.

"Mmffghhh!! Azura is so coooolll!"
I geeked

"So is Hecate!!"
Amity geeked

We sat down at a table and just startes flipping through the pages. Stopping everytime something "cool" happened.

It was a huge library and an odd one at that but it is still my home towns library...still don't know what the forbidden stacks mean tho-

"I just came up with the perfect nickname! "
Amity whispered energetically

"Hmm? Whatcha got??"
I softley spoke back

"Luzura!"
Amity smiled

THAT'S WAY TOO GOOD

"THAT'S WAY TOOO GOOODD!!!"
I yelled

And we once again hugged
Laughing it off as usual
We really have something here...

"So it's Amatea and Luzura?? AMURA!!"
I frantically spoke

Amity smiled at me sweetly
As I heard my phone ding.

Willtheill: "I'm heree"

Word count: 917