7

TWs: Slight insecurities, and a brief nightmare. Stay safe :)

"Earth, we've been looking everywhere-" Jupiter got cut off as Earth, back in his planetoid form, flew by him quickly.

"Leave me alone, Jupiter." He spoke, not looking back.

Jupiter sighed deeply, watching the blue rocky planet disappear into the asteroid belt.

"Oh my, did something happen, Jupiter?" Saturn asked, drifting up to the bigger planet.

"It's a long story..."

"Earth, you're back!" Upon seeing his parent planet, Luna exclaimed, "Where did you run off to? Me and Jupiter were worried about you!"

"I don't want to talk about it," Earth muttered, heading past him toward the Goldilocks zone.

"Hey, wait for me!" Luna fell beside him, his eyes watching him carefully, "Did something happen?"

"Not really." Earth glanced at his moon before stopping in his orbit, "Hey, Luna?"

"Yeah?"

"What's your honest opinion of me?"

"Honest opinion?" Luna raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, how do you see me?"

"Well, you're my planet, and..." Luna frowned, "You can be annoying, self-centered, and a narcissist."

Earth dropped his gaze, taking each blow.

"But," Luna continued, "You can be nice and friendly. You're trying your best to change and I can see the development, and so can Mercury! You apologize for your mistakes instead of laughing it off; if that's not character development, I don't know what is! You're the best planet I could ever ask for!"

Earth let out a small chuckle, making Luna smile.

"Thank you, Luna," Earth said.

"You're welcome, Dad."

Earth froze as he took what exactly his moon called him, "Did you just call me-?"

"Oh, hey, there's Mercury!" Luna pointed out, oblivious to what Earth was saying as he drifted off, "I'll be right back, Earth- I needed to ask him a question."

"Uh- okay...?" Earth watched his moon leave, suddenly feeling more alone than ever.

His eyes glanced around. Saturn and Jupiter were talking. Venus, Mercury, and now Luna were having a discussion.

'What to do...' Earth hummed.

"Hey, Earth!" A voice spoke. The lively planet perked up upon seeing his best friend.

"Mars! I'm assuming you finished orbiting?"

"You know it. And now we have plenty of time to play," Mars gravitated his stack of cards from behind him.

"Space Poker!" Earth's eyes sparkled as he got out his own deck.

» × «

"Earth."

The blue rocky planet looked up, looking around, "Hello?"

It was dark and quiet, his surroundings filled with nothing but stars. There were no planets around, and no asteroids in sight.

"Earth...!" The voice spoke again, echoing throughout the void.

The Celestial moved without thinking, his eyes widening as he flew through the void, following the familiar voice.