CVII - When Words Matter

Start from the beginning

Yeah, this is a life I'd easily fall in love with.

***

Waking up again a few hours later, the sun that peeked through the curtains now across the floor closest to the window. I take a deep breath, stretching as I realise Levi wasn't wrapped around me. I open an eye and find him laying on his back with a book held above his face, his eyes studying each word and letting it all sink into his head. His jawline sharp, his lips plump, his hair splayed perfectly across his pillow as those piercing eyes absorbed each word the book gave. Fuck he was so breathtaking.

"What's that one about?" I ask with a yawn, twisting around and moving closer to him so I was also gazing up at it. He was quick to lay an arm out, his bicep used as a pillow for my head as he tilted the book in my direction so I could see too.

"Honestly, I have no fucking clue," he deadpans making me chuckle. "I think it's some type of action but there's a hint of horror in it. It's weirdly interesting," my eyes following along the lines, eyebrows scrunching in confusion. Reading it, it likely would've made more sense if I had read the book to understand the plot a little more, but one thing about it was admittedly comical.

"Masked killers?" I question, an eyebrow raising as I lift my head and rest my chin on his chest, gazing up at him in amusement and question. He snickered for a beat, reaching over to his nightstand and placing the book down so he could turn his full attention to me. "You're reading a horror action based around masked killers?"

"Coincidence or not, who would've known you'd be the one they call the Ghost of Sina," he retorts making me roll my eyes and push up from the bed and swinging a leg over his waist so I was straddling him. The ache remained, though it was bearable.

"Don't remind me, an alias such as that isn't hard to forget. Bit over dramatic if you ask me," I say with a smirk, hands resting on his abs. His hands quickly found my waist, his eyes shining with lightheartedness as he peered up at me. He shrugged, expression relaxing as he tilted his head to the side a little, the ghost of a smile playing on his lips. "I understand why you hate the title of Humanities Strongest now, it weighs a lot. And I haven't even had the alias for that long!"

"Shut your mouth," he says with an amused huff. I looked down at him, an eyebrow raised a little as I shot out a reply.

"You seemed pretty content with this mouth being wrapped around your cock last night," I remark, the comment making his face instantly flush red and his eyes avert elsewhere. I laugh, reaching a hand under his chin and turning it so he was looking in my direction. Smiling sweetly and tilting my head to the side, his eyes are forced to meet mine once more. I lean down and give him a peck on his lips before sliding off him and my feet meet the ground.

"Where are you going?" He managed to get out as he turned on his side. My eyes scanned the ground for my shorts, finding them discarded near my bra as I didn't bother putting them back on after last nights events.

"For a shower, I'll be back once I'm done," I say pulling the shorts up to my waist and gripping the bra in my hand. I turned to the window, slipping my fingers through and parting them slightly as I peeked out. A gorgeous day outside, though I can't quite find it in me to do anything outdoors today. Not after all everything that had happened yesterday. The loss, the gain, everything in between. Backing away from the window and closing the curtains properly, I turn and find Levi laying on his stomach, arms under his head as he buried his chin in them. Sapphire eyes, watching carefully, following me as I pace towards him and crouch beside the bed, resting my forearms on the mattress.

Looking into his eyes, he seemed at peace. The most at peace someone can be after an expedition such as yesterdays. His expression was relaxed, innocent. His gaze kind, curious. I bring a hand up and place it on his cheek, the skin soft and smooth. He moved a little so he could get an arm out from under his head, placing his own hand on top of mine as he turns his head to kiss my palm, soon returning his gaze to me. I can't help the small smile that overcome my features, my hand tingling from where he pressed his lips.