David, Dwayne, Marko, Paul

Reader: Vampire
Genre: Angst and Fluff
Warnings: Y/n has a sibling, they will be referred to as S/n

It was a common misconception that when you became a vampire, all that human emotion went out the window and simply did not exist anymore

It was a common misconception that when you became a vampire, all that human emotion went out the window and simply did not exist anymore. That may have been the case for David, Dwayne, Paul and Marko—but they had been inhuman for a long time, their families no longer existed and whoever they knew before was either far away or dead. Y/n hadn't been a vampire for that long yet.

The last remaining person in Y/n's family, besides nieces and nephews, was his sibling,
S/n. They were old, older than Y/n had ever imagined they would be. Grays and whites littering their hair, their eyes clouded over with age and wrinkles all over their skin. Y/n had kept an eye on them over the years, even with the others breathing down his neck about it.
S/n couldn't live forever, and this weekend would be the event of their death.

The sensation of pain washed over Y/n's face as he watched in the bushes. It was dark, everyone was gone from the cemetery but a groundskeeper who was finishing up watering the grass and flowers around the graves. He sighed and blinked out some tears, his face not moving from a monotone look despite how he was feeling. The funeral was that day, but of course there was no way Y/n could have gone. Despite the sadness he felt, he didn't want to die over it.

Y/n didn't have to turn his head to know who had made a sudden sound beside him. David was beside him, staring out the bush with little interest compared to Y/n. The bleach blonde vampire peered at Y/n out of the corner of his eyes, watching the little tears run down his face and go under his chin. It made him feel a little sick.

"I almost feel bad for you."

He mumbled, reaching out his gloved hand to wipe the hot tears from the other vampires face. Y/n rolled his eyes and held David's hand onto his face, keeping it there for a sense of warmth and comfort. Y/n was glad David out of all of them was there, he was more calm and relaxed compared to the others—beside Dwayne.

"How do you get rid of it, David?"

David knew or course what Y/n had been referring to, he wasn't stupid. He didn't have the answer for it, however, he pulled one out of his ass as he normally would for any other explanation.

"You get old, then you don't care. Besides, you seem to like your family more than I liked mine."

Y/n looked down and scoffed a laugh. David's words were so dry, but filled with some kind of humor. There was nothing that would change how Y/n felt about his family, at least the few he did like and respect, he didn't even think time would change that either. David patted
Y/n's shoulder and made him look up.

"You better go over there before Marko smashes that headstone."

Y/n quickly looked up, his eyes now met with the sight of the rest of the Boys there. He hadn't heard them come by, maybe because of the emotional state he was in. David stood up and showed himself to his friends, leaving Y/n in the bushes while heading over there to them.

Y/n blinked and looked around for the grounds keeper that had been there before. His eyes landed on the body on the ground, bloody and deformed. He shook his head and found himself gaining a small smile.

"Come on, Y/n!! Let's have a party for S/n!"

Paul shouted, sitting on top of the newly placed tombstone. David lit a cigarette beside him, looking at Y/n with as much of a soft gaze as he could, showing that he did care. Marko howled and fished out an old card deck from his pocket, no doubt missing most of the cards. He waved them at Y/n and grinned widely.

"Let's play a game, huh? Didn't you say they liked playing cards?"

Y/n stepped forward and chuckled, nodding. He had remembered them playing cards when they were teens, mostly after school because they didn't want to finish their homework. The distinct memory of when the cards got stolen from Y/n's bag came into mind, and the memory of S/n giving him a brand new deck so they could continue to play. It seemed to be more of Y/n's favorite game than his siblings.

Y/n stopped in front of the grave, looking down at the markings. He felt a hand on his back, softly moving up and down in a comforting motion. Dwayne slid his hand up from the other vampires back to his head, holding him. Y/n leaned his head to the side onto Dwayne's shoulder, letting out a large sigh.

"You guys didn't have to do this for me."

Y/n muttered. Dwayne kissed the side of his head, while Paul shrugged and wiped off some dirt from the stone.

"Why not? Huh?"

Marko nodded, shuffling the cards in his hands.

"Sit down! We don't have all night—plus, David had the idea of going by those punks house and having ourselves a nice dinner."

The punks in question referred to some stupid college students who dunked on the vampires bikes, specifically Y/n's bike. They pushed it around while drunk and ended up tipping it over, resulting in some scratches. That would have been fine, nothing out of the ordinary for drunks—but it irked Y/n more than anything that they tried kicking it once it was down. Knowing David had planned a nice dinner with them as the main course was enough to heal
Y/n's emotions.

"I love you guys."

Y/n said as he sat down in front of S/n grave. Dwayne sat beside him.

"We love you too, Y/n."

He looked over to David, who rolled his eyes.

"Yeah and that comes from you too, David."