Chapter 78 Not someone who gives up

Comincia dall'inizio

"According to my family, I should be ranked fifth."

"Well, then you have a sister."

"In large families, men and women are divided into different ranks."

Why?

Xie Miao vaguely realized that if they continued to talk, they might come into contact with some unknown secrets. She pinched her sleeves and stopped the topic hastily, "I'm tired and want to go back and rest."

"Xie Miao." Zhou Niannan's eyes were so bright that she couldn't dodge them, "What are you afraid of?"

Xie Miao choked for a moment, "I-I-"

It's really rare to see her stuck.

Zhou Niannan did not try to be mysterious and said directly: "I have a second brother above me. He and I are twins."

Xie Miao was deeply surprised. Is Zhou Niannan a twin? Never heard of it!

Zhou Niannan said: "At that time, my mother was pregnant with twins. She gave birth prematurely before the eighth month and gave birth to two identical baby boys. However, the baby boy born first was weak and sickly, while the baby boy born later was strong and healthy. The imperial physician said that I was too domineering and robbed my second brother of his nutrition, causing him to be born with deficiencies..."

He fell silent suddenly, then spoke again, his voice as soft as the wind, "Second brother only lived for three hours. The time spent by others in the blink of an eye became his whole life."

The second brother only had time to cry a few times before he passed away with the regrets of countless people. His father and mother remained strong after experiencing grief, and they loved him even more when he survived. However, facing the past, not only they could not forget it, but he also could not let go after knowing it.

If he had stopped being so domineering when he was in the womb and was willing to part with some health, maybe the second brother wouldn't...

It's a pity that there are no assumptions in life, and it is in vain to talk about these empty words.

They all pretended as if nothing had happened, as if there had never been an episode in their lives. Only on their birthdays every year, white banners would be hung in the Marquis's Mansion. Mother could temporarily let go of her restraint and remember her second son who died young. And he would tell himself over and over again, this is his birthday, but it is also the death anniversary of his second brother.

Those who survive should remember the grief.

Zhou Niannan closed his eyes and his Adam's apple moved slightly. After a moment, Xie Miao's firm voice sounded in his ears.

She said: "Because of this, you have to be thoughtful and forge ahead, and live up to every moment."

"He didn't have time to appreciate the beauty of the world, so it's up to you to hear and touch it on his behalf. He didn't have time to make great achievements, so it's up to you to work hard and make plans. You are the one chosen by God, so you should live more diligently with his expectations."

......Is that right?

His dazed heart gradually returned to normal. He covered his face with his sleeves and said hoarsely: "Xie Miao, his name is Zhou Nianxi."

"Zhou Nianxi, I will remember him." Xie Miao sat hugging her knees and said with a smile: "From now on, there is one more person in the world who remembers him."

The chirping of cicadas composed music, and the summer night was noisy and beautiful. He was glad to have her by his side, and hoped that he would always have her by his side in the years to come.