Chapter 78 Not someone who gives up

Start from the beginning

"What you said is biased." Zhou Niannan said confidently without any guilt: "If you want others to not know, you have to do nothing yourself. If there is nothing wrong with that Su Panyan, it will be useless even if I try to trick him."

"Unreasonable excuses." Xie Miao didn't listen to his deception, "You tell me the truth, what unethical things have you done?"

Zhou Niannan expressed his injustice, "I just invited Su Panyan's cousin to the capital, and then let Wen Rubin overhear their conversation... After Wen Rubin knew that Su Panyan had another love, he immediately asked someone to go to the Su Mansion to cancel the engagement."

Xie Miao asked: "What reason did he use to cancel the engagement?"

Zhou Niannan said: "He is quite graceful. He took all the blame on himself and did not mention Su Panyan's fault."

She wanted to ask more details, but was stopped by Zhou Niannan, "Okay, don't mention irrelevant people to spoil the fun. Come on, focus on looking at the moon."

Xie Miao pouted and complained rudely: "What's so rare about the moon? It's the same every day. If you ask me, the full moon on the 15th is pretty good-"

Before she finished speaking, bursts of movement suddenly came from the distant sky. A moment later, dense and colourful fireworks bloomed, like magnificent gems, embellishing the night sky with brilliance.

In the bright sky, Zhou Niannan's words floated vaguely, "Xie Miao, look, the night sky tonight belongs only to you."

Xie Miao seemed to have heard it, but also seemed not to hear it clearly.

She looked up at the sky quietly, her dark pupils reflecting this unparalleled splendour. Regardless of worries or sorrows, all emotions disappeared, leaving only splendour. A short-lived but beautiful splendour.

She was watching the fireworks intently, completely unaware that Zhou Niannan was staring at her.

So beautiful, he thought.

There was a sigh of envy floating in the air, "Wow, what beautiful firework!"

"Some family must be having a happy event and setting off fireworks to celebrate!"

"With so many fireworks, I think they cost a lot of money. It's really lavish..."

The fireworks lasted for a full quarter of an hour. When the last light faded from the sky, Xie Miao still kept looking up.

Zhou Niannan wisely remained silent.

She smiled softly, as if she was relieved of a heavy burden, and said sincerely: "Zhou Niannan, thank you for your gift."

This kind of gratitude was definitely not what Zhou Niannan asked for.

He leaned back and put his hands behind his head, "Thank you for what? You have to pay this back. It's my birthday next month. You must think of how to celebrate for me."

Xie Miao refused to accept the invitation and declined tactfully: "You are the young master of the Marquis family. There are many people to celebrate your birthday."

He said casually: "What if I have never celebrated my birthday?"

She subconsciously replied: "How is that possible?"

He smiled, a look of loneliness flashed across his face, and it was rare that he didn't make a teasing retaliation.

Xie Miao's thoughts were slightly stagnant, could it be? Is it possible? Isn't he kidding?

Zhou Niannan said: "Guess, why I only have one brother, but I am ranked third?"

Xie Miao said: "It is sorted according to your family clan."